No Way Out

(JONAS'S POV)

I'm officially stuck here in the Capitol. There's no way out. Right now, my only job is to free myself from Snow's tightening grasp, but I don't think I'll succeed. Boston won't stop lecturing me; to always think on the bright side. That I'll get out of here alive. But I know I won't. All my contestants are at least twice my size and will all be better off than me. I just know I'll die here. Gruesomly.
----------------------()----------------------
Tonight is the night. Where the tributes dress up for show in costumes to represent their District. The one and only, forever dreaded, Tribute Parade. My outfit, that will soon be presented to me, holds too much hope. If my stylist is successful, I'll get plenty of sponsors. My problem is, though, that I'm from the District of lumber and normally we dress up like trees. I'm so not excited.

"Jonas, dearie!" squeaks Tontine. "Your prep team is waiting for you!"
"Can't wait," I mumble. Sarcasm is my specialty.
A laced lavender hospital gown waits for me next to my bed. I slip it over my shaking body as I reluctantly walk out the door, where I'm greeted by three bizzirke humans, or aliens at that.
"You must be Jonas!" a fat, chubby lady announces. "We've all been waiting to meet the voulenteer from District Seven!" I'm covered as I suffocate from the hug from all three.
"Let's get started." Shanta, the fat lady, says. My prep team consists of Shanta, Kubota, and Halifax, three greedy people who make regrets like taking a sip of a certain drink. They disgust me in ever way possible. And whatever treatment they're trying on me right now isn't working. They tear every little bit of the little body hair I have off. And it stings severely. They completely shut me out as I'm scrubbed and shined to perfection.
I'm finally aloud to sit up and slip my gown back on. I only have five minutes of privacy before I'm greeted again by my stylist. "Hello Jonas." I imedeatly take a liking to her. She's sweet, but spunky. "Tiff Judge," she says. Yep, I like her. I could tell me and Tiff were going to get along. Our hands meet and instead of shaking we embrace tightly and I don't want to leave it. "I'm so sorry this happened to you," she says. I stay silent, knowing she completely understands. "Let me show you your dress."
-----------------------()---------------------
"Wow." I'm stunned. This dress is not what I expected. It still resembles the trees around our district, but it's the beautiful version. Tiff put together something that will definitely earn me sponsors in the arena. I'm wearing a laced emerald gown, similar to the one I was wearing before. Over the top of the gown is a sleeveless bark dress, resembling the trees. My hair is done in a sloppy braid with some remaining hair sticking up like branches. Vines run down my left cheek and connect to my bark dress. I love it.