Recap

"Happy Hunger Games, and may the odds be ever in your favor. As always, ladies first!" It seems that every escort from the Capitol has rehearsed their reaping speech so that everyone says the same words. 
District One's escort said the same thing as ours, and when I'd watch past Hunger Games, I remember Effie Trinket saying the same thing for District Twelve's 74th Hunger Games tributes.

This year's careers aren't as trained as they were in the past.  Cashmere's daughter is the female tribute, with muscle as her body frame.  Her name is Seal and she seems confident that she can win this thing for her family.  Her mother died in the Quarter Quell so she doesn't have many people to look up to.  Normally her mentor would be Cashmere, but she's dead, so they'll be mentored by trained Capitol citizens.  The male tribute, Derrick, is terrified and eyes Seal with eyes of terror.

District Two, the District of masonry, produces two strong 15 year olds.  Tara and Rasta are descendants of Enobaria, the female tribute for the 3rd Quarter Quell, who went against the Capitol after she was tortured and escaped. She made it back to District Two so she's mentoring her children, as she is one of the youngest tributes, and didn't get married until she was older.

Shasta and Agata Thej from Three are small in state as well as bravery.  They don't look so well off.

Then there's Annie Cresta's granddaughter, Dhana.  She inherited Annie's flowing red hair and Finnick Odair's sea green eyes.  She's beautiful and too innocent.  'Just like Jonas," I think.  Hari Malisin voulenteers for Josh Odair, Annie's grandson.  She's stunned and overjoyed, as we see in the background where the mentors stand, that she gets to keep a child.

Later there's Shanna and Ridge Infill from Five and Hakuna and Boris Tru from Six. 
Hakuna and Boris are the relates from the female morphling who died in the Quarter Quell.  They seem... Unusually confident.

Finally my district's reaping is shown on screen.  I watch as Jonas voulenteers and tears stream down my face.  Boston is called and they're ushered away. 

So far, I'm confident in Boston, knowing his only real apponent is Seal from One.  But Jonas... She's not built for this.  Everyone so far is someone who could kill her.

Eight's tributes are weak, Thais and Thalia Hugh. Cecilia, who died in the bloodbath of the Quarter Quell, her grandchildren.  Than there's Kara and Blogs Hash from Nine.  Tall, but muscular.  Still no match for Boston, though.  Then Trevor and Revitz from Ten.  Sena and Indie Grimm from Eleven.

Then the District Twelve legends are forced to give up their grandson, Everett Mellark.  The female tribute isn't Everett's sister, but his cousin.  Priya Standoff.  "Katniss and Peeta are really being punished," my father says.  "Both of them, gone before their eyes."

District Thirteen gives up two, cocky, children. Dark skinned and bright, blue eyes, Maria Bastion stands strong; physically and mentally. Dustin Kennedy keeps to himself on how he feels.

Then the President comes back onto the screen as she dismisses the viewers of Panem.