Goodbye

Boston and Jonas shake hands as instructed and are ushered off the stage by Tontine so that everyone could go back home. 
Everyone in the District knows the famous Mason family and relatives of Johanna Mason.  I can't believe Tontine Tomahawk couldn't realize that this year's tributes we're siblings and that they would never be able to kill each other.  EVER.  This year's hunger games were really going to be awful for me and my parents.  We all have to face the fact that at least one of them HAS to die, and so today's farewells won't be easy.
-----------------------()---------------------
I press my ear up against the keyhole of the door nob and try to eavesdrop on my parent's last conversation with Jonas. I tear up as they're shuved out the door and I'm pushed in. "You have 5 minutes," a bulky Peacekeeper says gruffly. The door is slammed shut behind me.

"Why...?" That's as far as I get before in interrupted by my little sister saying, "I'm sorry." We hug tightly and I start to cry. "What made you do that for me? Why did you just risk your life for me? Did you know from the beginning that Boston was going to be reaped so you voulenteered so I didn't have to face him?" Tears are streaming down my face by this point and I have so many questions; and so many emotions towards my sister. I'm mad at her for voulenteering. I'm scared for her as she enters the games. And I'm sad because I know she won't survive. It's painful as she lets go of me and quietly answers my first question. "I did this because I love you and I wouldn't be able to live the rest of my life without you." She's crying now too and for the rest of our goodbye we stand there in a tight embrace and sob as the rest of our tears wash away.

I'm ready to fight as the Peacekeeper comes in to take me away. But I'm too sore to even kick a little. I scream her name as her beautiful face... the face I'll never see again... fades into the distance. The door shuts and locks automatically in front of my face, and my grandmother comes over and pats my shoulder. I've never seen my grandmother cry before but I'm witnessing it now. I don't think the ever strong Johanna Mason has ever cried before, but she is as her light, kiss like tears fall on my face. I lift my chin and look into her sorrowful eyes. And then she's moving away from me and I reach out for her hand, but she's locked behind Jonas's visiting door. She's saying her goodbye.
------------------------()--------------------
"I have to stay goodbye to Boston, I have to say goodbye to Boston." I'm panting now as I rush over to Boston's visiting door. Two peacekeepers stand in front of the door and I squeeze between them trying with all my might to get through. "Let me in!" I scream as they hold me back. "My brother is in there!" They finally release me and I break through the door, only to find Boston, shutting out the rest of the world, with his head in his hands. Boston, my big brother, is crying.
-----------------------()---------------------
As I enter the door, Boston looks up, relieved that I came to see him.
"The reaping was rigged!" he shouts. "Every past Victor's relatives have been purposefully forced into the games to pay for what they did in the past. Every last one of them! Soon the Victor's families will be no more. This is so awful!"
He turns his head away from me and I remain silent. I walk over to him and squeeze his hand. "I'm so sorry. No one meant for this to happen, except for those in the Capitol."

He looks back up at me. "I will," he says. "I will try as hard as I can to protect Jonas. Understand that that's my number one goal. And if I don't succeed...." I cut him off. "I love you." I lightly kids him on the cheek and leave the room. Looking back at him for one last time.