ch.23 The Mission

Optimus led Flameburst to Hydrax Plateau. Megatron, Ratchet, Windblade, Jazz, Shockwave, Wheeljack and Ultra Magnus were there standing in front of a large ship. The ship was the Nemesis; it had been fixed up since the battle with the Terrocon Predacons. Behind Flameburst were the clones, Heatburst and Molten. The six transformed in to their bot modes, this was the first time anyone had seen Flameburst's bot mode, well apart from Molten, and he'd grown up with her.

"You ready?" asked Wheeljack to Optimus. Optimus nodded. 'Everyone, board the Nemesis" I never thought I'd EVER say that thought Optimus.

***

Their first con to hunt down was on Stygeon Prime, a planet covered in snow. The Decepticon wasn't much of a threat so only Optimus and Flameburst went. The con they were tracking was similar to Crazybolt. She believed that femme's made better leaders and was arrested for violent protest. She broke out and took a space bridge to this frigid wasteland.

Optimus and Flameburst thought she may have known they were tracking her because her signal kept moving but it was actually the snowstorm messing with their tracker.

Once again her signal moved what was thought to be a kilometer away but instead she was a lot nearer. She attacked Optimus first to get Flameburst's attention and did more damage than she had hoped. Her talons dug deep in to Optimus' chest armour, exposing his spark. Flameburst attacked and scratched the cons optic, blinding her.

While the con recovered, Flameburst grabbed Optimus and flew over to a cliff. Using her fire she melted through some of the ice and made a cave for her and Optimus to stay in. she tried to call the Nemesis but the signal was blocked out by the storm, and Optimus was bleeding out. She lay beside him and wrapped her wing around him to keep him warm, and spat some of her healing fluid on the wound. She curled up around the Prime and hoped the storm would pass soon.