Chapter 40

Chapter 40 

Julian and Rhea are given a security check then directed to a waiting room at the CIA location where Taylor is being held.   They are left alone in the room for a while and Julian is becoming impatient.  s wearing a dark blue suit with an ID badge around his neck.  

“Mr. La Croix, Ms. Jameson I apologize for the wait.  I am agent Rollins sir, we will be transferring you to a secure location shortly. 

“Transfer?  What do you mean transfer?  I need to see my daughter.  I was told that she is here?  I want to see her.  Why is she being held here?”  Julian replies while holding Rhea’s hand. 

“I’m sorry sir, ma’am.   You will not be returning to your homes for now.”  The agent approaches the table Julian and Rhea are sitting at to take a seat.  He explains the situation to them and Rhea grips Julian’s hand as the agent tells them how Taylor came to be in their custody. 

After agent Rollins is done talking he leaves the room.   Julian and Rhea’s cell phones have been taken away from them.  The story they have been told is incredulous and they want to talk with Santo or the Donati’s because they can’t believe what they have heard. 

A door on the other side of the room is opened, Alberto and Celine walk in surprised to see them.  They have been asked to wait in the same room as Julian and Rhea.  All hug each other.  Alberto and Celine sit at the table and confirm the information told. 

Alberto grabs Celine’s hand.  He remembers he was supposed to pick up Serena and Reese from the airport this afternoon.  They are flying in from London.  Their flight should be just now coming in.  He walks to the door to bang on it to try to get someone’s attention. 

 ^

Zoe’s phone was discovered and taken away from her last night.  It hasn’t stopped her from trying to figure out where she is and if she can get out.   Her captures gave her a dry turkey sandwich and a bottled water to eat but haven’t checked on her since.   She put together a makeshift bed to sleep on the ground overnight using merchandise she found in some boxes marked return to Cromwell’s.  She has figured out she’s in one of La Croix’s warehouses but where she doesn’t know.  

She hears noises outside the frosted window pane.  Dragging some of the heavier boxes over to it she climbs on top of them to reach the window.   She can clearly see the back end of a dark car.  It strangely looks like an undercover police car.  There’s a rifle rack installed in the trunk.   Four people stand in front of it.  She can tell one of them is a woman, she assumes it must be Alina.   She can’t make out who all the others are but she assumes that two of the men are Clayton and Nathan.  She uses her fist to wipe against the frosted windowpane but the vision is still not clear enough to see.  She can only hear muffled voices yelling at one another.   

One of the people opens the trunk of the car.  It’s a man wearing a dark suit and dress shoes.  She still can’t see his face.   He reaches into the trunk of the car to pull something out.  It’s a dark colored duffle bag and it looks heavy.  Zoe stands on her toes to try to see more out the small clear opening of the window.  She wants to see all of their faces but it’s impossible. 

The car trunk slams and the man is walking away.  She recognizes the tie the man is wearing, she’s seen it before but where. 

Something hits against the door of the room she’s been locked in and she hurriedly climbs down from her perch on the boxes.  She tries to pick the top one up but it’s too heavy and slips from her hands crashing to the floor.  She stands still listening and waiting for someone to burst into the room but it doesn’t happen.