Chapter V

"And be patient, [O Muhammad], for the decision of your Lord, for indeed, you are in our eyes".

Qur'an 52:48.

Arhmad's pov.

The cool weather hit my face as I drove down the streets of Abuja. I headed home immediately after I left my workplace.
The car came to a halt right outside my house...well...more like my father's house.
I opened the door as I alighted and made my way inside.

I kicked off my shoes the moment i got into my room. My tie, jacket and shirt followed suite.

Urghh what a day.

I got into the Jacuzzi and it took me almost an hour to wash off all the stress from office.
I got changed into a casual tee and some comfy pants.

It was almost time for Maghrib so I headed to the Masjid which was a walking distance from the house.
I got back home immediately after the congregational Salaat.

I could hear alot of laughter and noise from the living room.
As I stepped inside, my munchkins ran up to me shouting my name. I crouched down opening my arms wide open enveloping them both in a warm hug.

''Uncle Arhmad I missed you so much''. The 6 year old, Abdulmajeed said.

''Ai mishya chuu unkul Ahmat''. That was Ibrahim Khaleel, Abdulmajeed's brother. Khaleel is 4years but he still can't speak clearly. He so much loves imitating his brother.

'' Missed you guys more". I chortled.

"Guess what I have for you today...CHOCOLATES!!"
They all screamed, took the chocolates and ran off, but not before saying WE LOVE YOU to their one and only favorite uncle.

"Seriously Arhmad, their
dad is gonna kill ya when he learns you're feeding candies to his kids, like literally all the time!!''. I heard Jaffis voice yelling.

"That's to show how much I love and care 'bout them". I stung my tongue at her.

"Kaji dashi(whatever)". She said rolling her eyes.

Lawd I so much love my sister.

Jaffie (Jameelah) is the eldest amongst us. She's married to Mr El-Yakoub, a custom officer and are blessed with 3 amazing kids Masha Allah; Abdulmajeed, Ibraheem and Fatima. Fatima is just a year old.

''Assalamu Alaykum''.I greeted.

''Wa'alaikassalaam''. They all answered simultaneously.

''Mamee Ina Wuni''.

''Lafya Lau Ahmadudu...ashe ka dawo(so you're back)''. Mamee said as i sat on the couch opposite her.

''Yes, and I am so tired wallahi''. I replied stretching my hands.

''Toh go and eat then you can rest''. She said while changing the channel.

''Ya Arhmad ina wuni'' Fareedarh, the youngest amongst us greeted.

''Dumsky! Ya kike?''.

''Fyn fyn'' she replied.

Fareedarh is Mamee's 'yar auta. She's 18years. She studies Medicine at NILE university. She's my favorite (no offense ya jameelah🤗).
So basically, am the only dude in the midst of two ladies. Ain't I the luckiest.

"Sweetie, go and bring your brothers food".
Mom stated referring to her 'yar auta. See that's what am talking about. I get to seat and relax while they do all this little-little things for me.