Detox

Opening the door to his room you move closer towards him. Your eyes go wider when you see how pale his face is. “My king,” you run to his side. He slowly turns his head and you can see all the sweat on his forehead. Putting your hand on his forehead and feeling how hot it is. “You’re burning up.” Getting up you move to the bathroom and run a washcloth under cold water. Ringing it out you make your way back.

Placing the cloth on his head he closes his eyes to the relief. His sheet was half covering him as his hands shook you moved it to cover him. “I need a little injection,” he whispers out. You move both your hands to his face, cupping his cheeks. “You don’t need it. I let the guy go and I’ll not do that every again.” His eyes locked with yours, “you what? You…let… him… go?”

“As of now you are getting clean and I’m going to be here with you every step of the way.” He crinkles his nose, “what if I don’t want to? I AM the King of Hell and you, my pet are just a demon that I’m wondering why I spared you IN THE FIRST PLACE!” You calmly flipped over his cloth and pressed on it, “because,” you leaned in, “you need me.”

You walk around to the other side of his bed and climb in while his eyes watch you. You lean against the extra pillow you made appear as well as the book in your hands. In the corner of your eye you see him raise his hand; as he snaps his fingers you look down and notice you’re in a very revealing nurse outfit. You look over at him and point a finger to your new outfit, “is this necessary?” “It’ll help me heal,” he said with a cheeky grin.

For the rest of that night you kept the cloth cold and on his head. The next night and the following were the worst. He was detoxing and you held him as he shook then helped remove the sheets when he got too hot; replacing them when he got cold. You would watch him as he shook and not once complaining, instead clenching his teeth. Moving your head to his chest your thumb stroked his arm until he fell asleep.

Days later when you moved our head from his chest the color came back to his face and he wasn’t as warm. “How’s my king this morning?” He took your hand, “better, thanks to my lovely pet.” You looked into each other’s eyes and you gave a little smile. “Could you do something for me?” “Anything.” “Be a peach and find Dan to get updates for me.” You lean up, “but that’s not my job.” Raising the back of your hand to his lips, “it is now.”

“As you wish,” he dropped your hand and you rolled from his side. Standing on your feet you walk to the door to take a last look as you close the door. He sits in the bed and watches you leave. You take a deep breath as you walk into your room and change. Smiling at the trust he has placed in you, you leave and go find Dan.

Seeing him in the hallway you stroll up to him. “Dan I need the hell report… please.” He looks down on you and rolls his eyes. “I see he has a new squeeze for the month.” “Excuse me?” “Crowley has a bad habit of finding runaways and using them for a while before tossing them in the trash. Well the trash being the dungeon.” You looked at him blankly, “well that’s not gonna happen with me.” “Whatever makes you feel better sweetie.” You grabbed the folder and walked away quickly. “Be careful,” you heard him say in a snarky tone but you brushed it off.

Walking back to the room you kept thinking to yourself that Crowley wouldn’t just use and throw you out. He saved you and surely he wasn’t that guy. These thoughts washed away when you opened his door and saw him. You could have sworn you saw a genuine smile cross his lips when you came in. Moving to his side of the bed you handed him the folder.

His hand took the bottom and he slowly pulled it from you while looking into your eyes. “Thank you,” he said huskier than usual. You blinked fast and saw a smirk from him. “What?” “My little eyes saw two little black eyes.” “My eyes can turn black?” “Yes pet. They turn involuntarily until you can control them.” “How do I control them?” “In time but I can teach you.”

He slides out of bed on weak legs. When he falters a little he holds his hand up to stop you from moving to him. Then he straightens and takes steps to you. Placing a hand on your shoulder, “because I need to find some way to repay you.” His hand moves from your shoulder and down your arm, sending electricity through your body. He moves closer and gently slides his face across your cheek. His lips land by your ear, “all you have to do is ask and anything…. will be yours.”

Your brain can’t process thoughts as his scruff rubs your face and his breath warms your neck. Closing your eyes as you feel him slide back across your cheek, feeling his hand cup your other cheek. “Open those eyes pet.” Biting your lip you open your eyes. “Clear that pretty head of yours,” his thumb strokes your cheek. You do as he commands and see a smile across his face. “There’s those pretty pigments.”

Your face feels warm as he closes the space between you. His lips graze over yours as your heart beats faster. “That’s lesson one,” he pats your face and walks out the door. You stand there and get a grip over what just happened. You look on the bed and see the cloth sitting there. Moving to it you throw it to the floor and fix his bed. You run your hands over the sheets to smooth them. Bending over to straighten them and fluff the pillows, “I knew I picked the right one,” you jump a little at his voice.

Looking towards the door you see him leaning against the frame. “How long have you been watching me?” He smirks, “I’m always watching you.” Throwing his pillow back in its place you bend over and grab the cloth. You walk as confident as you can past him. Once you get past him you hear him scratch his scruff and let out an “mmmmm.”

“Do you want to watch me do the laundry?” He squinted his eyes as if waiting for the punch line. He then pushed off from the frame as you gathered the rest of the dirty clothes. I guess I’ll show you where it is then. “Well I can always ask Dan…” He gets a head of you and opens the door, “and miss the pleasure of my company?” You move past him and your skin grazes his clothes and a bit of his arm.