Chapter Fourteen

Chapter Fourteen

"Natty?"

I knocked on her door for about the fifth time. What the hell is she doing in there? I just called like twenty minutes ago and told her I was coming over, but now...is she even home?

Kingsley never showed up at work so I decided it would be safe to take another day off. I'm sure he wouldn't mind, and if he does...well who the hell cares? I sure as hell don't. And it's not like he take my feelings into consideration, why should I do him the favor?

"Natty, get your ass up and answer this fucking door before I--" Suddenly the door swung open, revealing a very disheveled Natty wearing nothing but a long t-shirt over her bra and panties. A t-shirt that doesn't even belong to her. Her hair looked as if it had gone through a lawn mower, it was so tangled. Bed head doesn't even begin to describe it.

I began to put the pieces of the puzzle together. Now that I think back on it, I do remember some strange noises in the background when I called her, and Natty did seem kind of out of breath at the time. Yes, it makes perfect sense now.

"Before you do what?" Natty asked with a raised blonde brow.

"Kick your ass, but it seems someone else has done if for me." I say rolling my eyes and pushing her door open wider so I could step in. "I can't believe you've had me knocking out here for like ten minutes and wouldn't answer. And knowing I was coming over too. Do you know how much my knuckles hurt right now?"

"Not my problem," she said, closing the door behind us, "that you can't knock hard enough."

Oh look at her, trying to play miss sweet and innocent all of a sudden like I don't know what she was really doing in here while I banged my heart out.

"Whatev," I say, plopping down on her couch like I have a habit of doing. "So who's the lucky man?"

"W-what?" she stammered, giving me a wild look that said I didn't know what I was talking about. But I totally did. I know Natty like the back of my hand. She's so easy to read.

"You know, who's the guy you were in here fucking?"

"N-no-no one!" her face turned completely red and she tried hiding it by turning away from my, but I could still see it in the tips of her ears.

I flicked through her TV channels lazily, tunnel vision beginning to form. I wonder what time it is. Maybe Tyra's on.

"That's not what it looked--and sounded--like to me," I chuckled, trying not to find amusement in Natty's embarrassment. But really, who is she to be embarrassed? I'm the almost nineteen year old virgin in this place.

"Oh shit!" someone yelled from the bathroom and then a clashing noise followed. It sounded like the toothbrush holder fell off the sink. I would know because I've made it fall countless times. It's nice to know I'm not the only one.

"That must be the lucky guy," I laugh, still staring at the TV. Yup, just like I thought. Tyra was on and she was doing a segment about fashion tips. Yuck. I flipped the channel. Woot woot. Jerry Springer.

"Shit Natty, I think I broke your---" the sentence was suddenly cut off, making me turn my head toward the door way where a tall, dark, and handsome man stood in nothing but a towel slung low across his hips.

"Why hello there," I say pleasantly with a smile. "You must be Natty's toy. Toy, I'm her main bitch." I stood up and proffered a hand. Natty smacked me in the shoulder.

"Ow," I groan, taking my hand back to rub my sore skin. "Natty you're so mean."

"Don't listen to her, Ben, she's just joking," Natty told him--Ben--with a small bashful smile. "And she was just leaving, right?"