Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven

For the last several hours I've been scraping old paint off of the work room wall in Kingsley's basement. My arms couldn't take anymore; there are just too many layers.

"Okay, your shift is done now," Kingsley said walking into the room. I didn't even hear his footsteps as a warning he was coming. Now he has visual proof I've been slacking.

"But you haven't gotten very far. I was hoping on painting it tomorrow, but now I don't know," he said unsure of himself, but even more unsure of me.

Kingsley has been acting as if that kiss we shared was nothing—just a tiny game to him—so I pretended to feel the same way.

I hate him so much but that was my first kiss with a man before and it kind of does mean something to me. Not in an oh-my-god-I-like-Kingsley type if way, either. But more of an I-just-kissed-my-sworn-enemy- and-it-was-kind-of-nice, kind of way.

So maybe I can admit I do kind a have a slight physical attraction to him, but who wouldn't with his dark, dark hair sweeping into his blue-gray eyes, his five o clock shadow doing nice things to the angles in his jaw and cheeks.

But that's as much as I can say. That's as far as my like for him goes. There's nothing emotional between us and that's exactly why I perfected my plan this morning.

I borrowed a pair of Natty's black skinny jeans, wore one of my few cute shirts, royal blue with a plunging neckline in both the front and back, gold chains dangling in my cleavage and kept my wavy chocolate hair out, letting it fall naturally over my shoulders and back.

Natty was so proud she even helped me put on mascara and eye shadow (I know completely nothing about makeup), but I wouldn't wear eye liner. I hate that stuff. Or rather, it hates me.

So here i am in the studio trying to get Kingsley to notice me in that way so I could set my plan in motion. Once things get heated up, hopefully I can lure him into my trap. My bag of supplies is already set up and hidden properly.

"Whatever," I say maybe a bit too snidely. I took off my work apron and threw on a chair a few feet away, revealing my nice cleavage beneath the gold linked chains, supported by my only lacy black pushup bra (rare sale at Victoria's Secret).

"You have me doing slave work. Do you know how many layers of paint are in these walls? No, of course you don't because you went on a date instead."

"A very disappointing date," he added. "Didn't even end in sex." He frowned, his eyes darker. Someone has an addiction. I'll use that as an advantage.

"Oh, poor baby," I mock. "Did the big boy not get his little 'weewee' wet? Awww."

Okay, maybe this isn't productive, but it is fun.

"So you think it's little, huh?" he asked, catching me off guard.

"What?"

"Cause if you do, I can show you a few things. Sorry if gave you the 'little' impression, but I'm anything but." He smirked cockily and stepped closer to me. This time I didn't step back.

He's so horny and sex deprived he'd do a pop can right now and wouldn't know the difference. It looks like I don't have to do much if he continues on like this, I think and close the space between us.

"Oh that's right, 'cause you're a big boy now," I say seductively. "How 'bout you teach me some things? I think I can use a lesson, if you're up for it."

Score. One point for Jesse!

Kingsley swallowed and stepped back, almost like he's nervous. He had a sexy look in his face that made me want to step closer, but I didn't.