Chapter Four - Aiden

I ran as far as I could from the meadow trying to get back to the camp, but it was so dark that I wasn't even sure if I was running in the right direction. I could hear them laughing as they followed in my steps. I desperately tried to further myself from them but they kept shortening the distance.

"Sweetheart, you can run all you want, but you can't keep running forever!" I heard his cold voice as he shouted after me. 

At that moment I froze in place. It felt like something invisible was wrapped around my whole body making me unable to move. My eyes widened in shock and fear as they appeared one by one among the threes. There were five of them. All five were very tall and scary looking; their black eyes made me shiver as they stared at me thru the darkness. The tallest of them walked closer to me with a huge grin.

"Well, well. What was I saying just a while ago?" the rest of them started laughing. "We finally caught this little bird here, after all those years."

"What are you talking about?" I asked confused, "I've never saw you before."

"HA." he yelled. “She doesn't remember us." he said turning to the others with his arms wide open. “We were searching for her for, how many? Ten years?" And she. Doesn't. Remember. Us." 

"Ten years? Then that nightmare..." i mumbled to myself.

"So you do recall something after all. Well let me refresh your memory. Ten years ago while we were dealing with your parents, you escaped. We kept searching for you in this same forest,"  he showed his hands pointing towards the way we came from, "We searched for hours, and yet we couldn't sense you. Your damned mother must have cast her protection on you." he slowly walked around me and stood right behind me. "But now, you are finally in our hands." 

"Leave her alone." we turned towards the west side of the forest from where a guy walked out. "I said let her go!" 

"Back away kid." one of them hissed.

"You fool." the tallest said to the man who spoke. "He's Gabriel’s son. Can't you recognize him?"

"I'm glad you still remember me, Felix." he said with a smirk. “Now, let her go and disappear from my sight."

Felix hissed, but still walked back to his man, and then they slowly backed away to the shadow. When they disappeared I get back the control over my body, and as I did I lost the ground under my feet. The guy held me in his arms.

"It's okay now. I'll bring you back to the camp." he said calming me down. I felt my eyes very tiered so I closed them and instantly fell asleep.

I heard distant voices calling my name. I opened my eyes to see my father sitting next to me in the tent, with a concerned look in his eyes.

"I'm so glad you're okay." he said hugging me when he saw that I woke up. "Aiden was the one that found you. He said that you were lost and scared when he happened to see you." I looked at in confusion. I was sure that I was chased. But then it hit me; the Aiden guy told a lie to my dad so he wouldn't worry. Or was it to keep it a secret that those guys actually knew him and his father?

"Aiden?"

"He is one of the college students who camp here. Do you want me to call him in so you could thank him?" he asked.

"No. It's okay," I shook my head. "It's late now and I'm tired, I'm gonna thank him tomorrow." 

"Okay then. Sleep well." he kissed my forehead and went out. About a minute later Chloe peeked in.

"You made me so worried," she cried while leaning to hug me. "I was so scared that something happened to you. What happened?" I didn't want to make her worry more so I lied.