Chapter Three - The Forest

Seth's P.O.V

I was flying aimlessly around the town after saving a man just a few hours ago, when the time froze. That meant I have another assignment.

"Chloe Spenser.

Age: 17.

On September 19th, at 16:00 o'clock, she will get hit by a car after exiting a bookstore." 

I was near the bookstore so I looked around and I saw a girl standing in the middle of the road. The light around her was white. White light is a life spam cut off, in other words that person is not supposed to die; At least not today. 

"There you are." I landed a few meters from her and waited.

The car appeared and I pulled her away in the last minute. I watched as the light around her went from white to pink, while still holding her arm, which of course she couldn't feel nor see. That of course is because we, the Guardian Angels, are invisible to humans. I turned my head to the left, to see a blond girl, who held Chloe's other arm, stare at me. That's impossible. She is not supposed to see me...Why? How? Thousands of questions went threw my head.

"Are you okay?" She turned to Chloe who was sitting in front of us. 

"I'm okay." she breathed.

"If it weren't me and this guy, you would probably be dead." 

"What guy are you talking about?" she asked turning to face her.

"This guy -" I didn't wait for her to finish, I flew away. 

When I got back to Heaven, I headed to the Guardian Headquarters to report in. Every Guardian Angel wore the same bracelets, only the numbers were different. Each number represented a saved life, and with today's assignments the numbers on my bracelet showed 6080. Now, I was qualified to help in the training of the Guardians-to-be. It was something I waited for from the first day I got assigned as a Guardian, but because of today's incident I was too preoccupied to celebrate. Still in thoughts I headed to the garden.

"Seth." I turned around to see Archangel Ariel.

"Ariel." I greeted her, slightly bowing.

"I told you to call me mother when we are alone." she smiled.

"Mother." I corrected myself.

 "Is something bothering you?" she asked, leading me to the bench to sit down.

"I was just wondering about something..."

"Go on." she said while taking a seat next to me.

" Is there any possibilities that some humans can see us?"

"No." she shook her head, "The only ones that can see the Guardian Angels when they are on Earth , are the Guardian Angels themselves or other angles if they enable them to." she picked a flower from a bunch next to the bench. "But why are yo curious about this when you already knew this?"

" I was just confirming. I thought that a girl saw me. She was probably just looking right through me." Even though I knew that she clearly saw me, I didn't want her to know and worry. The reason why that girl could see me, I must find it out by myself.

" Ariel. I need to talk to you. " we both turned when we heard  Raphael's voice.

"I'll be right there." she took my hands and placed the flower she picked in them. "I'll see you soon, son." she walked away with  Raphael, and I stayed there looking at the flower in my hand.

I sighed when my decision was finalized. I'm going down to Earth again, but this time without anyone knowing. I must find the answers to the questions that keep bugging me...

Harmony's P.O.V

 I kept repeating that day over and over again in my head, but with each passing day I was getting sure that I was loosing my mind. There was no explanation for what I've heard or seen but for some odd reason something deep inside me kept telling me that I'm missing something; something very obvious.

"ARGH! I can't take this anymore." I rolled over in my bed, throwing a pillow to the mirror in frustration. "I feel like my head is going to split in two." 

 "Are you okay?" my mom peeked in.

"Yes. I'm just bored." I got up and walked to the balcony. 

"Why don't you go and help out your dad at the camp? Maybe you could bring Chloe along, if she is up to it."

"That's the best idea, mom." I went and hugged her. That's what I needed. A place that could make my worries go away. I immediately dialed Chloe's number. She was more than ready to come with me, so I started to pack for our little camping trip.

 An hour later I heard Chloe's car stopping in front of our house. I threw the backpack over my shoulder and went out. Instead of her red Volvo, her brothers Jeep was parked there. 

"What's with the car?" I asked her, taking the passenger seat.

 "When I told Jack that we are going camping, he insisted that I take the Jeep." she made a serious face, "It will be safer." she mimicked Jacks voice perfectly and both of us burst out laughing. Her brother Jack is six years older than us, and works as a police officer. Being her older brother he was a bit over protective towards her.

After an hour we arrived to the Camp, where my dad waited for us. There was no tasks for us to do  so Chloe  went to play cards with a few collage students who were camping here. I didn't like card games so I decided to take a walk.

As I walked further into the forest, it became reality that I was alone and surrounded by nature. The sun will be soon setting so the forest shined in a golden light. I feel the uneven ground under my feet and hear the sound of fallen branches cracking and the leaves rustling with every step I take, I just can not help but feel a strange happiness in my heart.

Soon I arrived to a little meadow, surrounded with trees. I the middle of it was a medium sized  angel child statue and a few benches. This meadow was the place where they found me ten years ago, the angel statue represented me. I liked this place. Whenever we came here I would always come here to be with my thoughts whenever something was bothering me. This place calmed me down for some reason. I sat down on one of the benches and closed my eyes. 

I must have fallen asleep because the sound of footsteps that were coming closer waked me up. The sun already set so I couldn't really see from where were they coming. 

"Dad?" I called out. Who ever was coming suddenly stopped, "Dad, is that you?" I called out again. 

"We've finally found you, Sweetheart." My blood froze when I heard chilly laughter coming from both of my sides in the darkness, and recognized the voice that spoke. It was the voice from my nightmares.