Harmony

"Harmony! Run as fast as you can and don’t turn back!" my mom told me, letting go of my hand that she was holding tightly just a while ago.

"But mom..." I tried to tell her that I didn't want to go, but my sobs chocked me. Making me unable to do so.

"Harmony, please! Listen to me. You have to run!" she said, as she gently pushed me in the direction of the forest. I hesitated and with tears in my eyes glanced to mom and dad, who tensely looked into the darkness awaiting someone.

"Mom, Daddy!" I cried out, tears flowed down my cheeks. Mom knelt in front of me and wiped away the tears with sleeve of her dress. She took off her necklace with a beautiful key-like pendant, and put it on me.

"We will always love you, don’t ever forget that." she whispered and then both of them hugged and kissed me.

"Now run and don’t turn back.” she gently pushed me toward the forest. I glanced to them once more, then started running into the forest. I ran without stopping for hours when I collapsed exhausted at the foot of an oak tree. I woke up in a white hospital room the next day. The nurses told me that the leader of summer camp found me while he was on his way to refill the water bottles. My name was Harmony, I was seven and the necklace around my neck was my moms. That's all I could remember.

*Sorry it's short. I'm not really good with prologues.*