The Unconditional Pledge

Rule #1: Every person in the room must participate.

Rule #2: The group decides what the person must do.

Rule #3: You have two months to make or break your reputation.

Rule #4: No conditions. No cheating. No backsies.

Ava Lasola: The school's tomboy. Her pledge: replace the school's It Girl in two months.

Hannah Greene: The school's misfit. Her pledge: seduce the only guy who's out of the closet in their school.

Jay Kaden: The school's best soccer player — and the school's only student who's openly gay. His pledge: make out with all the girls in his grade.

Nick Sawyer: The school's football captain. His pledge: get to third base with his best friend.

They say you're not having fun until you're drunk. But by the time Ava Lasola has gotten to her third drink, the entire room is already playing "The Unconditional Pledge" — the game where one person in the room is responsible for choosing another person's unconditional challenge. But this harmless "game" has ruined more lives than any of the other ones the elite prep school of Fieldbrook Heights has ever known. What happens when the school's tomboy has to compete against the most popular girl in her grade to complete her pledge — or when her best friend Hannah has to face an even more impossible challenge with a guy who isn't even straight? When the finally-out-of-the-closet kid has to fake it with all the girls in his grade? When the football captain has to figure out a way to get to third base with one of his best friends?

And the consequence being your entire reputation?

Game on.