Carolyn's treasure

Ever since Carolyn was a kid growing up on the Australian gold coast she had always dream to find treasure.
Now 25 years old and now a sea researcher, she still had the silly dream of finding the big one.
One day at the docks getting ready to get sample from the Great Barrier Reef, she was about to grab the last of the supplies to see Old Crazy Jack, people called him crazy cause he tales so much tall tales that you would never believe.
"Hey Ben, What are doing today?" Carolyn asks him
"Oh I thought to take a stroll... might see my mate Greg the Bunyip" Jack answers
"I shouldn't of asks" Carolyn thought as she tied of the boats and hopes on.
"Going to the coral reef are we?"
"Yeah I am, why do asks?"
"Oh nothing you don't wont hear it!"
"Damn straight" Carolyn whispers under her breath
"I'll catch you later, and say my name if you find that treasure!" Jack cried out
"Treasure?" Carolyn instantly turns around "What treasure?"
"You telling me, you've never heard of the legend of the Jewel of the sea?"
"No, never heard of it!"
"It's been said that a Jewel more rear then a pearl, is lost in these waters... a jewel that can only be found by the maidens of the sea and any how do find it become these maidens" Jack smiles
"Maidens of the sea? Do you mean... mermaids?"
"Yep, they've been around here for I'll a guess... Greg told me he seen one!"
"The Bunyip?"
"Yep" Jack grins as if he was glad to be notice; Carolyn just nodded her head softly.
"Okay I got to go okay" Carolyn said she turns her boat up
"Okay, like I said only maidens of the sea can hold the Jewel!" Jack cried out as Carolyn drove away.
An hour past, and Carolyn couldn't believe the bull of Jack told her "Mermaids!" Carolyn said shacking her head "Greg the Bunyip seen one, why not Billy the Drop bear has seen any?" With her scuba suit on, she dives in.
The water was cool and refreshing as she swims around the reef, Carolyn loved the reef, in fact it was her favourite place to be in all the beautiful of this planet.
As she got into deeper of the reef something caught her, a sparkle of sorts. Deciding to check it out she swim over to a small hole, she look in to see a huge blue diamond as the size of her fits put together.
"Oh my god, Jack was right!" Carolyn thought "It's beautiful!" as Carolyn picked it up and look at she could feel a strange tingle in her legs.
"I can't believe it, the jewel of the sea the son of a bitch was right!" Carolyn thoughts as her legging felt tight against her "What the hell is going on?" she turns down to see her legs weren't working properly. Carolyn mind was working time as she could see rips appearing, first random then soon tearing down the entire thing.
"What's happening to me?" Carolyn screamed in her mind as her legs were now broke free and beginning to fuse together, Carolyn could literally fell her pelvis changes as her anus fused into her vagina in front of her. taking her suit off, leaving with her undies down to her 'knees' and her bra what was quite tight against her breasts.
Carolyn watch in horror as her legs had form into a soul mass with her toes still visible at the end, to her horror her toes grew longer become stiff while always webbing between each of them until in became a meter wide fan.
"Oh my god, I look a mermaid" Carolyn thoughts as slits formed on the side of her waist. Then it hit her what Jack said the only maidens of the sea could the jewel and any other will become one.
"Oh my god I'm turning into a mermaid!" She screamed out loud, Carolyn cover her mouth, to the surprise of hearing her own voice underwater, she notice that her hands had also had webbing between her finger, she reach back to her ears to find them webbed as well.
Carolyn look down to her mermaid tail to see that her waist down was covered in a beautiful golden fish scales, she even notice some scales of her breasts, taking her bra off she found that she could no longer had nipples in fact her breasts were nearly covered by the golden sales anyway.
Hearing something coming towards her, Carolyn quickly flicked her tail as hid behind some coral if Carolyn wasn't terrified out her mid she would of note that she was more faster and well made for the sea life.
Slowly peeking around she could see two mermaids swimming towards the jewel that dropped on the ground.
"Oh great," One of mermaids said "Another human has found the jewel"
"I told you it was a lame hiding place for it, Poseidon is going to have our necks with we don't find whoever he or she is!"
"I'm... I'm here!" Carolyn said as she slowly came out of hiding
"Wow, you are beautiful... for a human" One of the mermaids said
"Please I don't want to be like this, is their a reversal of that jewel: Carolyn asks them
"I'm sorry, there isn't that's why we keep it hidden so it wont happen" The other said softly
Carolyn dims her head now knowing that her life was now over.
"Oh don't hard on your self" the first one said as she swims next to her "you aren't the first one to transformed by it!"
"Well that's going to really help!" the second said crossing her arms
"I lest I'm helping"
"No thankyou, I've always loved the sea" Carolyn said forcing a smile "I just never knew I will join it!"
"Come let's take her to Atlantis, we might help her a bit" the first one said to the second mermaid
"fine" she said as hold one the jewel tightly making sure that it will not fall to another victim, for now.
The end