(5) Slowly Falling in Love with You - The Checkup

Not much to say except please comment/vote ^-^? Now read on... >=)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lana's POV

"So what should I do now?" I asked the nurse who was still examining the pregnancy kit.

"Well...probably go see your GP to see how far along you are. She'll be able to offer you much better advice than me. Of course, you can talk to me, but it's best if you go see the doctors," the nurse said, giving me an reassuring smile.

"Thanks...urm...would it be possible for you to just keep this all secret for now? I need to just sort out everything first before discussing it with anyone else," I said, looking at her worriedly. If my parents knew...I don't know what they'd do to me. Would they kick me out? Would they disown me?

"Sure, of course," the nurse said. "I'll tell the school that you're sick and need to go back home."

I thanked her and smiled gratefully before heading out of the room. I took the bus home in a daze, still not quite believing this is happening to me. Should I tell Tristan? What would he say? What if he says he doesn't want it? Do I want it? I felt my tummy, aware that there's a little being inside.

As soon as I got home, I phoned the local hospital.

"Hi, can I make an appointment for tomorrow please?"

"Ah...tomorrow's all booked up, however we had a cancellation today, would you like to come in today instead?"

"Urm...okay, sure, what time is it?"

"3pm."

"Yup, I'll take that thanks."

"Okay, can I take your name?"

"Green, Lana Green."

"Thank you, bye."

"Bye," I said, hanging up.

"Hey darling, why are you home so early?" Mum asked, reaching the bottom of the stairs and automatically reaching for my forehead.

"I'm just feeling a bit sick, I'm going to the doctors today to get it checked up. It's probably a sick bug or something," I said, unable to look her straight in the eye. Mum nodded and yawned. "Did I wake you up?"

"No, I've been up for quite a while now," she replied, smiling. Mum works from 8pm to 8am on weekdays so now should be her bedtime.

"It's just gone past 1, you sure you don't wanna catch up on some more sleep?" I asked, looking at the clock above the kitchen door in the hall.

"If I stay in that bed any longer, I might die from boredness," she replied. "But thanks for worrying darling."

"Well, I'm gonna head upstairs and rest a while," I said, running up the stairs. I slipped off my clothes, grabbed my laptop and snuggled into my bed. This is a great time for some Gossip Girl. I pushed the second season DVD in and carried on from last night. After 5 or 6 episodes, there was knock at my door.

"Come in," I said.

"It's nearly 3, do you want me to take you?" Mum asked. I looked at the time on my laptop. It's 2:45 already?!

"Urm...no it's okay, it's not that far," I said, switching my laptop to sleep.

"You sure? You look a bit pale," Mum said, looking at me worriedly.

"I'm sure I can manage a 10 minute walk Mum," I said, pulling my clothes on.

"Ok, be safe," Mum said. I nodded, grabbed a handbag and made my way downstairs. Then grabbing the my keys from one of the many hooks next to the door, I made my way to the hospital. I looked down at my tummy, wondering what I should do with it. Keep it or not? If I keep it, that will probably ruin all my chances of going to a good university...but it has a right to live too. But...it won't have a Dad...will it? Should I tell Tristan...? I mean, he does have a right to know...but...he has a girlfriend and I definitely do not want to be blamed for splitting them up. Anyways, there's no rush right? I mean...I might not even keep it.