(6) Slowly Falling in Love with You - The Date

Sorry for the long wait fans >.<! Here's the next chapter =D Lana and Noah <3

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Lana’s POV

“You scared the frickin hell out of us,” Camille said, engulfing me in a huge hug. Zack nodded quietly on the side.

“I’m sorry! I’ve just been so tired lately and I went to the doctors yesterday so hopefully I’ll be okay as soon as I get the meds,” I said, patting Camille on the back. She must have heard from Reyna.

“That’s good to hear, but you gotta take better care of yourself L,” Zack said, still looking at me worriedly.

“Calm down guys! It’s not like I’m dying or nothing!” I said, laughing it off.

“Doesn’t stop us from worrying,” Zack muttered.

“What did you say?” I asked Zack, surprised at the tone of his voice.

“Nothing L, just…nothing,” Zack said. He looked at his watch and started walking away. “I’m gonna be late, catch you later.”

“What’s up with him?” I whispered to Camille as he was still in hearing range. She just shrugged.

“No idea…but I gotta go too, time to get stitching again!” Camille said, giving me a hug and walking away. She’s an aspiring fashion designer, hoping to follow in the footsteps of her Mum and I must say, with the way she’s designing right now, she could easily follow. I reclined in the sofa and closed my eyes, listening to the usual overload of voices in the common room.

“Hey! What’s up?” a familiar voice asked. My eyes immediately flew open and I felt my cheeks warm. Oh, get a hold of yourself Lana, you just saw him yesterday!

“Hey!” I kinda breathed out. “Take a seat!”

“So mommy! So, which movie do you wanna catch this afternoon? I think we just have Biology and then we’re both free…or is that my memory going?” Noah asked, grinning that famous grin of his. It never seems to disappear, it’s like stuck on his face every hour of every day!

“Mommy? Jeez, you always call me that! Isn’t it getting a bit old now? And what would people say about a Mum going on a date with her kid…oh the incest, oh the gossip!” I gasped, faking a face of horror and surprise.

“Haha, you know I was just joking L, so which f-,” he started, before looking at me. As soon as he called me L, I could feel the smile I returned to him fading. Apart from Zack, no one else has ever called me L. I mean, I refer to myself as L in texts and emails and all that, but people never call me that in school. They just call me Lana…I guess they know that L is a ‘Me and Zack’ thing. I blinked a few times in surprise when I looked up at him.

“Oh…right…I see, it’s just that I hear Zack calling you L all the time. Do you not like it?” he asked, looking down and poking the sofa.

“No…no! Of course not, just a bit weird because only Zack calls me L. But I’m fine with it, seriously,” I said, patting his shoulder lightly. He immediately looked up, grinning again.

“Cool…so which movie do you wanna watch?” he asked, getting something from his bag.

“Urm…I’m not sure yet, can we decide when we get there?” I asked.

“Sure, sure!” he replied. “Oh! I heard from Reyna that you collapsed yesterday…are you alright? Is that why you went to the doctors yesterday?”

“Haha, good old Reyna being overdramatic again. I’m fine! Seriously, probably due to lack of sleep or something,” I said, trying to laugh it off. Noah’s grin disappeared again and a worried expression appeared.