[eleven] ˘ ³˘

the following two weeks, hoseok had the idea of them going out to a dinner, something small but nice. after taehyung's shift at work he drove toa different asian based restaurant that he had tried previous. the two held hands as they walked inside. numerous rolls of ambient string lights from small bulbs in tiny jars brightened the large asian cuisine and take-out restaurant. the man didn't feel right leaving so late without at least feeding the handsome boy with lengthy hair, the cold air blasted into the restaurant as they walked inside, making countless papers fly and small decorations jitter. he had eaten at the place before, only two times maximum, he had ordered the same food item each time he came. kimchi fried rice, his favorite, most basic and safe food that he usually ate at any new restaurant— if they had it, usually most places didn't have that item listed on the menu but if you asked for it, they'd make an exception. the two were covered in winter coats, contrasting scarfs and layers. the air outside was frosty, warning everyone that winter was indeed coming and it was going to get harsh.

the latter's nose was red and his ears were pushed down slightly due to his beanie, the constant coos from taehyung made him aggressively blush to a point where his skin looked naturally red. "this place is— it's pretty, the aesthetic meter is at the highest level" the young giggles, tightening his home-made scarf so that his skin didn't have a chance to be exposed to the hellishly frigid wind that in two seconds could freeze your finger to a unappealing icicle. "yeah my friend recommended this place to me a while back, i had only recently checked it out— best kimchi fried rice. that's the only thing i'm brave enough to try"

the two ordered hoseok's usual and sat near the back where the roof opened to a clear thing of glass revealing the night sky. the stars twinkled above, and the moon sat beautifully.

"i uh, i heard there's a big art show coming up soon, are you doing something for it?" the older asks with his foot consciously tapping against tae's, "oh uh, i don't know, jimin asked me the same thing and i, i—i kinda want to enter in a piece, but i don't have anything good enough nor do i have time to work on something and put my heart and soul into it. i don't know, maybe next time" the boy shrugs, spooning rice into his mouth. "i'm sure your art is good enough hyungie. maybe if you don't like it, someone else will, or it could inspire someone without you even realizing it. it'll be a good opportunity. when i was a freshman there was an open talent night at the karaoke bar a few miles from campus, i wanted to perform some music i had been working on, but i was so fucking nervous and scared because i didn't know anyone and i had never performed in front of a huge crowd that almost bursted out into the street. but, my friend, gukkie, begged me and convinced me to do it, to perform my song and the silly dance i came up with. performing that night helped me get a job at the dance studio. i know i can't pressure you to do something, please at least think about it, you never know who's going to come to the art show. maybe a billionaire art collector will see your artwork and write you a massive check"

taehyung laughed, loud enough to shake the walls of the restaurant, hobi laughed alongside him, his overly active imagination has always been one of his most humble perks. "i wish a billionaire would buy my work—" he pauses to catch his breath, "but thank you for having faith in me, and sharing your story— and hopefully your masterpiece song and dance routine"

"maybe i'll show you sooner or later, awkwardly, i think i have the whole performance on videotape personal thanks to jeongguk"

the kimchi fried rice was siting comfortably inside the warmth of the boy's bellies as the time passed and the sky grew darker and more cloudy as the earth shifted. their deep brown eyes grew more puffy as the wind passed them by as they walked the street nearest the car that almost matched in with the night sky. the interior of the car grew warmer as the engine roared with heavy fire and smooth tires, every turn and curve the stars followed slightly, the moon shined like a bright orb of light and unknown gasses as the music from hoseok's radio played, he had found a korean based station that occasionally played smooth up-beat indie rock music at night, it felt great listening to music in their native tongue. taehyung felt sleepy and it wasn't even his official bedtime, his head rested heavily against the top of the car seat, his drooped positioned eyes were almost closed when hoseok began to sing along to the music, the knob turns the volume higher.

soon enough taehyung began to sing along, and chuckles filled the car as hobi turned onto campus grounds, people still roamed around campus trying to find snacks, entertainment or just out of boredom, "thanks for having dinner with me" the driver says, grinning largely, "it was great, thank you" the car slowly pulled into the parking lot in front of tae's apartment and the engines dies down as the keys are removed, hoseok wanted to be a gentleman and walk the boy to his door, making sure he gets inside safely before leaving. his shoulder nudges tae's as they walk towards the door, the door opens and the latter is invited inside, the smell of ginger and what he determined was baked cookies or reheated store bought cookies.

"your apartment is so artsy and cute"

he thanks the man, firmly grasps the man's chilly hands and leans forwards and slightly upward to peck the man's cheek as a form of good night. in reality, he didn't want hobi to leave because they were having so much fun talking and discussing their interests, but he knew the man also had classes tomorrow and dance practice and needed plenty of sleep just like he did because of his morning classes and shift at the library. once goodnights were said, he watched hoseok get into his car, wave and drive off before turning down the street heading for home. taehyung changed into his pajamas, lighted a few scented candles and covered his body in warm blankets and cold pillows.

he slept greatly with hoseok's mixtape playing as soft background music.

have a great day everyone!
— annie
xoxo 💋