Chapter 21

Ayana

Walking up to Deja house you could tell it was about to be some shit with her dad, we didn't even get fully up the walk way before her dad hopped out the truck with a scowl on his face. Her mother on the other hand looked happy to see Deja.

"Jaja we been calling you for weeks now. You had us worried sick"her mother said as they approached us pulling Deja in for a hug.

"I been busy with school and all" Deja said breaking the hug not even acknowledging her dad.

"Busy? that's not what I heard" her dad said looking over to me.

"Well you heard wrong" Deja said walking up to her door and unlocking it not waiting for an answer. We all walked in, her dad looking around like he was looking for something to complain about.

"Sooo what can I help y'all with?" Deja asked going to take a seat on her couch.

"We can't just come to visit?" Her mother replied looking around Deja house as well.

"Y'all can But y'all don't so it must be a reason for y'all to be here"

"Yea we heard you and your sister got into a fight care to explain that?" Her dad said still scowling.

"Yea we did but it's nothing to explain. We exchanged words we fought the end" Deja said sitting back on the couch.

"Not the end she told us you was out here messing with some drug dealer and that's why y'all fought because he told y'all too. She also said you and some girl jumped her. How could you fight your own sister?" He said shaking his head at her.

"Nobody jumped her, I fought her cause she deserved it. It's funny she told y'all all that but forgot to mention she left me at school so she could be hugged up with some nigga, but I'm the wrong one" Deja said with an eye roll.

"Yes you are no matter what you shouldn't be fighting ya sister" he yelled out making all of us jump from the sudden change in tone.

"So she could do whatever she want to me and I'm supposed to just take it? Is you serious right now?" Deja screamed back, hopping up.

"Who you screaming at little girl? And I'm very serious Deja you always tryna to make it seem like Deona the bad one yet you stay into shit. Fighting your sister over a man though Deja I know you could do better than that." It seems like when he said that all hell broke loose in Deja.

"Do better? Do better? I have a 4.0 grade point average, I don't have any kids, I live on my own and take care of myself without y'all help so I been doing better. You know what Im so done with this and done with you. I don't know why y'all hate me so much but this I cannot take. If Im so wrong leave and don't come back. Bye get out my house" she said walking over to the door, snatching it open.

"Nobody hate you-.." her mom started to reply but was cut off by her dad

"You know what you old enough now to know. You damn right I hate you. Every time I look in yo face all I see is another nigga, my best friend at that." He said turning to face her mom.

"What?" Deja questioned like she couldn't believe what she just heard, walking back over to the trio.

What in the Maury was going here I thought stepping back.

"Deon" her mom said trying to stop what was about to come out his mouth next.

"Deon what? She's old enough now I don't have to pretend anymore. What you thought cause she looked a lot like you that I wouldn't catch the features? Huh you think I didn't catch the way he would always stare at Deja, stare at you?" He asked with flared nostrils.