Chapter 7

Ayana

I really didn't want to leave the house. My face was fucked up plus I didn't know where Dre was or what type of shit he was on. He already showed me he was willing to take it there. That man hold grudges longer than most and to have me leave when he said not to is definitely going to be a problem. He's so use to me being a yes women. Yes whatever you want Dre that was me, jumping whenever he said because in my mind that's what good girlfriends do. They listen to their boyfriends at least that's what he drilled into my head from the moment we met.

Disobedience is one of his top pet peeves, so I knew he was probably going crazy right now. I was surprised he didn't try to call me yet. The last time I ran away he found me just like this time except wasn't nobody there to save me. When he got me back he whooped me with a belt then changed the locks so I would need a key to get in and out and he kept all the keys on him. I was stuck in the house for two months after that and it was the summer. Not to mention he would turn the AC off when he left. So I was burning up and couldn't do anything about it. That summer was hot and dry barely any wind blew.

Can you image being stuck in a house in 90 degree weather with a pool right in the yard that you can't get into. It's like dangling candy in front of a child and not give it to them, showing them it as a bargaining tool to get whatever they wanted from that child. After that I never tried to run again not until recently. I just can't get over the fact that he was messing with my brother then to really expect me to still be with him, did he really think I would let him be my first anything after all of this? I was so caught in my thoughts that I was still in the same spot Ace left me.

"Little mama what is you doin?" He asked showing up out of nowhere fully dressed. He looked comfortable with his red Nike sweat pants, white tee and red and white huaraches topping it off with a red and white NY hat. I couldn't help but to look at him from head to toe even in something so simple he looked so fucking good. It made me really self conscious about how I was looking especially standing next to him.

"I really wasn't trying to go out yet not until my eye go down. I look horrible" I said covering my face, I was so ugly and beat up.

"You don't look that bad, most of the swelling went down anyways. Want me to go get you some makeup or something?" He asked taking his hat off scratching his waves before putting the hat back on, unbothered. How could he act like he didn't see my face?

"And do what with it? I don't know how to put makeup on. I never wear makeup, the most I ever wear is lipgloss." I said quickly, Dre never let me wear makeup. Ever, lipgloss was the only thing he ever allowed me to get.

"Well fuck it then. Don't really matter to me, let somebody say something. Now Cmon we got shit we need to do." He said pulling me up out of the bed to stand on my feet something I pouted about the whole time but at the same time loved how he just pick me up, like I weighed nothing.

"Fix yo face this shit need to happen, you can't keep wearing my clothes no matter how cute you look in them, here" he said walking in the closet coming back with Sunglasses not missing the blush that was on my face. He needed to stop he knew he didn't like me like that at least that's what he told me, I was "too young".

I wish I thought, going into the bathroom to fix my hair that I messed up going to sleep, I took the ponytail out I was rocking and washed my hair. I put it up in a messy bun and a bang with a deep swoop to cover my knot that was very noticeable. It was the quickest style I could do without any of my hair care products. Once I was done I came out to an empty room. I know damn well he didn't leave me after waking me out my sleep I thought catching a whole attitude. Leaving out going downstairs I found him in the kitchen eating a bowl of s'mores cereal, really smacking on it making it sound like the best shit since cooked food.