Chapter Twenty Five

Alice drove along a road, we had arrived in Italy a few hours ago and now it was a race to get to Edward before he kills himself. I was very impatient, my nails dug into my palms and I knew it was the same for Bella. I couldn't just let that idiot do something so stupid when his mate's still alive.

"I'm guessing you didn't rent this car?" Bella asked through the never-ending silence. I haven't talked to Alice since our little argument back at home, it was her fault so I didn't feel guilty.

"I figured you wouldn't be opposed to grand theft auto." She answered with her bell like voice. Violet shut up, your mad at her and your thinking about your brother in law killing himself. Stop it.

"Not today." Bella said with a sigh. I glanced over to Alice and saw her looking off into the distance with a dazed look.

"What do you see?" I ask, she looks at me for a moment.

"They're refusing him." She answered after a few seconds of just staring at me, watch the road woman, we have a human in the back.

"So..?" Bella trailed off in question.

"He's gonna make a scene. Show himself to the humans." She explained.

"When?!" I asked with wide eyes.

"He's gonna wait until noon, when the sun's at its highest."

"Alice, you gotta hurry up." Bella demanded.

"There's Volterra." I looked up through the window and saw my old home, it hadn't changed a bit, still as beautiful as I remembered. Alice drove through the cobbled roads, humans walked around in red making her toot the horn.

"Why are they all in red?" Bella asked.

"Saint Marcus day festival." I informed her, "they're commemorating the expulsion of vampires from the city. Ironic, right? It's the perfect setting. The Volturi will never let them get far enough to revel themselves."

"We have five minutes." Bella panicked.

"We know Bella, just breath." Alice said.

We drove for a bit longer until we were stopped by a police officer. Bella immediately got out of the car.

"Alice, Violet?" She leaned into my window.

"Bella, you are the only one he can't see coming. If we go, Edward will read our thoughts, he'll think I'm lying and rush into it." Alice explained quickly.

"Where do I go?"

"He'll be under the clock tower. Go!" I yelled at her knowing exactly where the Volturi stay. She runs out of sight while Alice finds some place to park.

"They'll be alright, I see it." Alice said reaching her hand over, uncurling my fingers and intertwining our fingers together.

"I know, Angel." I sighed running a hand through my hair. When she parked I instantly got out of the car and walked toward the castle entrance, Alice right beside me as we weaved through the sea of red cloaks.

"No, you can go to hell." We heard through the door. I opened the heavy doors with force.

"Come on guys. It's a festival. You wouldn't want to make a scene." Alice smirked taking off the scarf from her head.