Chapter Twenty One

I walk through the woods listening to the birds chirping up in the trees. Blood dripped from my chin and onto to the ground, I didn't wipe it off because it made me feel more alive, even if my heart didn't beat. I loved the feeling of being human, it's all I wanted sometimes, a normal life with kids and a partner. Maybe get a dog, even though I already have five.

I bend down and pick a flower growing from the grass, I smile and feel the soft white petals, letting the stem wrap around my wrist. Nature can be so beautiful sometimes.

I step over a log and look around the small clearing I had stumbled across, "I'll place you here, you'll get more Sun." I whispered to the flower, digging a hole to let it grow back into the ground with my power of course. I may sound like a crazy plant lady but at least I'm not a crazy cat lady, those people are just weird.

My eyes snap to the left when I hear something run through the trees, what now? I sigh and ignore it for now knowing it probably won't leave me alone. Whatever it is will show itself.

I sit on the ground and wait, I feel eyes bore into my back. I roll my eyes, "Are you gonna come out or are you scared?" I finally said after a few minutes.

I heard leaves crunch under a person's feet as they walked forward, "never scared, just curious." The person spoke, it was feminine but I couldn't recognize it.

I hummed as a sign I was listening with my back facing her, "you shouldn't be, that can get you killed." I answered almost harshly to the stranger.

"Yes I know, my sister used to tell me that." They spoke with caution, I could feel it.

"It is a very common saying." I told them quietly as I helped the little flower stand on its own once again.

"Not when I was human." Of course, this is that red headed vampire from the group we saw, the one trying to kill Bella.

"Are you trying to kill my sister?" I asked calmly knowing it was true but wanting to hear it anyway.

"She is not your sister." She hissed loudly, I shrugged.

"I'm adopted." I said simply.

"Show me your face." What was she doing, trying to figure something out?

"Why? So you can see the face of your next victim?" I asked her, "you used to be so innocent, so lovely."

"People change." She growled at me getting annoyed with my constant questions.

"I suggest you leave." I said calmly, "right now."

"I'll be back, to kill your so called sister. Then I'll be back for you." I chuckled and shook my head.

"Leave, before I have to do something I will regret." It was silent after that, no birds chirping or wind blowing through the trees, total silence.

How was she planing on doing it? How is she going to kill my sister?

~~~~~

After half an hour of sitting in the same spot I finally went home to Emily's house. I opened the door and walked in to see no one here except Em, probably going to see Jacob.

I went into the lounge and fell onto the couch. I closed my eyes and relaxed for the time being. After a few minutes I heard the boy's come in.

I opened my eyes and saw Paul standing over me with crossed arms, "what now?" I sighed.

"Your little sister thought it was a good idea to go ahead and slap me." He answered angrily.

I laughed, "good. But wait, she found out, didn't she?" I asked with a groan.

"Yep." Was all he said as I slowly got off the couch, why today? I walked into the kitchen to see everyone there. I crossed my arms and glared at the sister I was still angry at. She visibly sank into her seat as everyone else looks at us with confused expressions, except Embry, he gave me a knowing look.

I scoffed and grabbed a muffin from the table and left the room with a shake of my head, I walked into Nathan's room and decided to stay there until Bella left. I didn't want to talk to her right now, I still can't believe she would say those things to me, her sister.

I give Nate the muffin and watch as he scarfes it down as if he hasn't eaten in days, "pig." I say jokingly, he just glares at me and pokes his tongue out at me, "real mature." I say and sit on the chair next to his bed.

"At least I can eat." He shrugged.

I chuckled, "good point." I say with a nod, I wish I could eat human food though, it always looked so good. I always wondered the taste of something Bella was eating, or dad, the food seemed to always look so good but I knew it would taste horrible.

Thinking back to Bella I sighed. I can't believe she said all those things to me, her own sister, adopted yes but we were still siblings. I loved her, and I had hoped she felt the same.

"What about Bella saying something mean?" He suddenly asked, looking up from his now finished muffin.

"What?" I asked, my eyebrows rising in question.

"What?" He then asked back. I frowned with confusion, I didn't even say anything. That was weird.

"Anyway, you look tired, why don't you get some rest." I told him, how the hell did he know about that?
💙