Chapter Fourteen

A/N: The picture at the top is actually what Violet looks like, sorry it's so far into the book. This was just more of a filler chapter, sorry. Please tell me what you think and that if I should keep going. Love you guys!
💙

•••

That afternoon I went home, Bella was already there so I just walked through the front door. I placed my bag on the table and sighed.

"I saw you today." Suddenly Bella said from behind me, I jumped and quickly turned around to face her.

"Jesus Bella! You scared the shit outta me." I exclaimed, she rolled her eyes and crossed her arms angrily.

"You scared me, you jumped off that cliff. I thought you were..." she trailed off, I sighed and ran my hand down my face.

"You know I can't die, and I'm fine. I should be worrying about you. Where the hell have you been?" I asked her with a frown.

"Hanging out with Jake. I found these...bikes I wanted to fix up." She answered without looking at me in the eye.

"Bikes?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"Yes. Why were you with Sam? Jake said he's bad news." She said as she walked around me to the kitchen.

I shrugged, "he's not bad, he's just...waiting for something." I shrugged again and dug through my bag for my phone as Bella went to find some food in the cupboard.

"Waiting for what? Jake said Sam looks at him like he's waiting for him." Bella frowned with concern almost, I found my phone and checked if I had any messages.

"I don't know much alright. I'm just hangin' out with them, no big deal. Now I'll be in my room if you need me, love you bub." I kissed her on the forehead and made my way upstairs. Why does she always figure things out?

•••

I got dressed early and actually decided to go to school today as I've had too many 'sick' days. My hunt last night left a lot of blood on my clothes making me wonder how I was going to hide this from dad. Before Bella had gotten out of bed I headed to the shower to wash the dirt and blood off my skin and out of my hair. I'm usually a very clean killer, I wonder what has come over me.

I walk back to my bedroom, bumping into Bella on the way there. I gave her a smile and walked past. I picked out my outfit.

I smile when I see Bella ready downstairs, she's feeling better now that Jake was there but it was almost time

We get into the truck and she drives to school. When we arrive I quickly get out of the hunk of junk, still hate the thing. I went over to Tyler's van as he waved me over while Bella read by the truck as usual. I smile at my friends and sit next to Tyler and Jess.

"Hey guys." I greet, they all smile and go back to their conversations as I looked around the parking lot. I see the Montelle sisters next to their car looking a bit out of it. I frown and make my way towards them.

"Hey girls, what's up?" I ask causally while leaning on the car, I meant more behind my question but they didn't need to know that.

"Nothing much, tired." Amanda answered, it seemed Amanda always talked for both her and her sister either because Arianna was shy or Amanda was a controlling sister, I still didn't like how she did that.

"Hey Arianna." I peaked my head around Amanda to look at her sister who hides behind her book even though I knew she wasn't interested in the words on the pages. She looked up and smile shyly as if she didn't know me already and I was just some common stranger.

"Hi." Her voice was quiet, I've heard her speak more but today she was way more quieter than usual. I frowned with confusion and concern towards the girl I barely knew. I knew her sister to a certain extent but I wouldn't say we were best friends, just close acquaintances.

"What have you girls been up to?" I ask trying to start a normal conversation, they didn't seem to know what that was and just brushed me off with a shrug, well Amanda did. I nodded to myself as I thought about why they were acting so strangely. I sighed and awkwardly stood next to them without a word, I could read their mind to find why they were like this but I never liked to, Edward gave me this gift I did not want, it's an evasion of privacy. Maybe I will think differently in a few years.

The bell went making me almost sigh in relief as I didn't have to stand there any longer. I walked to my first class and sat in the back, hopefully today won't turn out with as much drama as usual.

•••

Bella and I went home and she told me she was going to the movies with Mike, like Mike? Really? She could have gone with anyone else. But she did say other people were going and she was inviting Jake so I felt better with leaving her with a perverted teenager. Apparently she didn't want me to go because she didn't want any drama with Jake and me as he saw me with Sam which I find weird but whatever floats her boat.

I watered my plants as I hadn't given them much attention lately. I could hear the tv on downstairs, dad was watching baseball like always. I never was the sporty type so he and I didn't share the same enthusiasm about it but he didn't seem to mind.

I can't believe I let Bella go alone, I just know something bad is going to happen.
💙