Chapter Twelve

The next couple of days I didn't see Bella, she never tells me where she's going. I hate that stupid shield around her. I sighed and grabbed the book from my desk, I actually stole it from the Cullen's house but we won't talk about that, they won't notice it's gone with the amount of books they have anyway.

Reading a boring book for hours on end is not that best way to pass the time, I thought it would at least be a little interesting after reading the blurb. I groaned and rolled over to the edge of my bed and placed my feet slowly onto the ground. I walked over to my phone which was charging on my desk and saw that I had a text, how did I miss that?

It was from Emily who actually had trouble using a phone for some reason, you'd think vampires would have a way tougher time with it.

'U should come over, haven't seen u in awhile. Nathan misses u.' I smiled and quickly replied. Running into the bathroom I brushed my teeth and fixed my hair before bounding downstairs to write a note in case someone came home early and locked the front door behind me.

I stopped and looked down, I forgot my bag. I quickly went back inside, grabbed my bag and phone and went back out. I huffed and ran my way into the woods behind the house to Sam and Emily's house.

When I got there I saw Sam outside with a new person, "Hey Sammy, who's this?" I asked looking at the guy with dark brown hair and eyes, so like everyone else in the pack.

"This is Embry, new to the pack. Still a little freaked." Sam explained looking at the boy with crossed arms and the same stern expression. Embry looked down probably finding Sam intimidating seeing as he is his alpha now.

I rolled my eyes at Sam and looked at Embry, "come on, kid. Let's get you away from this annoying ass. Have you met everyone?" I asked him, he shook his head so I dragged him inside, "you'll love them, Paul can be an ass though so don't say anything to annoy him." I warned. I walked into the kitchen and saw everyone sitting around, Emily obviously cooking something like always.

"Violet, hey." Nathan got up from his chair and gave me a hug which I gladly returned. I walked over to Emily and kissed her scarred cheek.

"How are you, love?" I asked as I wrapped my arm around her shoulders.

She smiled, "great, good to see you, Vi." She went back into the kitchen and I sat next to Nathan. I looked at Embry who was stand in in the doorway.

"Pussy." I heard Paul snicker across from me.

I glared at him, "shut your trap, I bet you were the same when you phased." I told him and grabbed Embry's arm to drag him into the seat next to me, "you'll get used to it." I said referring to Paul and his shifting, he nodded and kept his head down.

Sam came in and sat in the chair next to Embry, "something wrong with this kid, or what?" Sam asked, I glared at him as well.

"Why is everyone making fun of him? He's new, this is all new to the boy." I told him sternly, Sam raised his hands in mock surrender making me a huff.

"Eat up boys." Emily placed a big plate of muffins on the table and everyone quickly grabbed one, well except Embry. I sighed and grabbed the last muffin, they ate them fast. I lifted Embry's hand and placed it on his palm, he looked me with a frown.

"Eat it." I demanded, "it ain't poisoned, kid." I assured him making him look at it for a minute before peeling off the wrapper thing, what are they called? I'm not good at food. I turned to Nathan and saw chocolate smeared allover his mouth, I raised an eyebrow, "full?" I asked, quickly nodded with a grin. I shook my head and reached for a napkin that was on the table, "good, now clean your face." I smiled and threw the napkin at him, he laughed and wiped all the chocolate away.

"Do you have a sister?" I heard, I looked to Embry and saw him looking at me, everyone was now quiet.

"Yes, Bella. How did you know?" I questioned the boy as he talked to me for the first time.

"I saw her hanging out with Jacob, they said something about a girl called Violet." He explained, I frowned and looked at Sam who gave me the same look.

"She's hanging out with Jacob?" I asked him to which he nodded in answer, I looked at Sam again, "this close to phasing? That won't be good for any of us, she'll figure it out." I almost panicked.

"It's fine, we'll just keep things a secret until then. Jacob still doesn't know so he won't say anything." Sam said trying to calm me down.

"She will figure it out one way or another, she's a danger magnet. She figured out what I was." I said, Paul growled in my direction but I ignored it as Sam just growled back and Emily hit him upside the head.

This was bad I could feel it. Danger follows Bella everywhere, she'll be angry I was keeping this from her. I slouched back into my chair and groaned in annoyance, this'll just hurt her even more.
💙