Chapter Five- What is wrong with me?

© Copyright Sweetdreamer747 2013, All Rights Reserved

Chapter Five: What is wrong with me?

I arrive home and park on the road in front of my house. I place my head on the stearing wheel and try to catch my breath. It may have been dangerous to drive home in my condition since I was panting and crying but I didn't care.

My heart felt like it was ripped out, stomped on, then put pack into to place just in time to burst into a million peices filled with feelings I was not yet ready to feel.

I raise my head and whipe my tears.

Looking infront of me I could see the many beautiful colors of the sunset and managed to let out a weak smile. When my grandfather was lying on his death bed, barely able to breath, he had told me to "look out at the sunset as often as you can, feel the warmth of it and let out a deep breath, and I hope you always remember at that moment that I am forever watching over you, my baby girl."

A tear streams down my face and I quickly remove it from my face. He died last year but it still stings when I think about him since we were so close. I let out a deep breath as I was told and I felt more calm. I was able to clear my mind enough to come to some sort of conclusion. Only two things I was sure of:

One- Kayla and I were no longer friends.

and Two- I might be falling for my best guy friend... MIGHT.

Grabbing my keys and getting out of the car, I sprint over to my house and acheived getting halfway up the stairs before someone realized I was home.

"Ciara?" It was my mom, concern was evident in here voice as she stould at the bottom of the stairs.

"No, this is a complete stranger that happens to have keys to the house." I blurt out sarcastically as I approach the door to my room a good few feet away from the top of the stairs. I know I was being harsh but this was such a horrible day, all I needed was the comfort of my own bed and a nice long shower.

"Sorry mom,"

"Its fine, but," I hate it when she adds 'but' because that tends to mean she isn't finished, "could you perhaps call next time you're going to be two hours late coming home?"

"Sure... fine, whatever." I wasn't really in the mood for an interrogation so I just shut the door behind me and run my fingers through my long blond hair. I had realized the band had fallen out of my hair from when I put it up to dance. All that spinning and turning must have done it, I had lost so many hair bands before like that.

I grab some clothes from my dresser and proceed to take a shower. After getting out and drying my hair I look sulkily at the mirror. My hair was slightly wavy and I was wearing a tight light blue tank top that matched my eyes along with loose fitting black yoga pants. I let out a partial sigh in the mirror, all I could really look at right now was my face. No matter how much I showered, my eyes wouldnt get any less red and my face any less pale. I look like a hot mess.

Walking out of the bathroom and into my room I do a run and jump on to my bed. Some pillows go flying as I plant my face into the newly washed comforter. The smell and the warmth where practically enveloping me as I fell into a deep sleep. I was so tired I didn't even bother getting under the covers.

Now wide awake at two am with nothing to do I decide to go online. I couldn't manage to sleep anymore. In my dreams, Kayla would torment me over and over again and back me up into a corner with no way out. Then she would disappear and I would see Ethan too but he was walking away from me, like everyone else.

I felt all alone.

But that is how I have always felt so it was nothing new. My father is always working and my mother, well, she is always sleeping. My two sisters are both in college and though I know they both love me, they haven't even given me the time of day since they left highschool. I have friends, don't get me wrong, but most of them are school friends, ones that you don't hang out with outside of school. Of course there is Aria and Ethan, they are an exception. Kayla used to be too...but, that is over now so...I really have to stop mentioning her and just erase her out of my mind.

Just the very thought of her now make my skin crawl and my eyes tear up. It is like a mixture of saddness and anger. She had been one of the rare few that I have actually opened up to even the slightest and then she just threw me away like that.

I hear a knock outside the door to my balcony, "What the hell?" I mumbled to myself as I reach the other side of the room. I open the glass door and look at the tall boy in front of me with brown eyes that could look straight through you.

"Ethan...?" I couldn't hide the suprise in my voice, "How did you..." he stops me with a gesture of his thumb pointing behind him to the oak tree thats branch was practically a gateway to my balcony.

I really need to get that thing cut off, so many creepo's could just climb my tree and have their way with me in the middle of the night. The thought make me grimace and I place my hand on my forhead.

Looking up I could see Ethan grinning like an idiot, obviously proud of his ability to get to the second story of my house without having to ring the doorbell.

"You are full of yourself you know that?"

"Hey, I take offense to that!" He says with mock hurt.

"And a creep no less... Anyway, what are you doing here? Do you know what time it is? You don't even want to know the pain you would go through if I was a sleep when you got here?" I say holding up a fist with a smile. He makes a pouting face and I move inside but come to a halt when I feel him right behind me. And I do mean right behind me because I could hear him breathing.

"I was worried about you. You left so quickly and I..." he whispers in my ear.

I could already feel myself blushing...no! Stop that!

"You...what?" I queried, turning around to look him in the face. He was slightly blushing too, barely noticable but he definitely was. He shruggs it off and puts his hand on his head ruffling that thick brown hair of his. He could even rock the messy look.

"I was kind of gambling on you being awake so I could see if you where okay." He said hurriedly.

"Well, I'm fine. If that is all you came for then go back the way you came." I said sharply. I don't know why I was being so rude. For some reason I felt disappointed, like I was expecting a different answer.

"Don't be like that..."

"Be like what?" I snap.

"Like that!"

"I have a right to be anyway I want! I have just had the worst day of my life and...I...I am just so confused right now." I could feel my self shake as the tears start to fall and my lip begins to quiver. I turn around so Ethan can't see my face. I never let people see me cry so why am I letting him. Now he will leave, I know he will leave. They all do eventually.

"I'm here." He whispers in my ear agoin as he turns me around and raps his arms aroung me. I just stand there buried in his chest, frozen.

"What, did you say?" I said through my tears. He took one of his hands from my waist and caresses my face. Pulling my head up to look at him in the eyes. His eyes were filled with so much emotion, they made me want to know what he was thinking and before I could say anything, he answers.

"I will always be here for you."

Immediatly after he slowly moves his head down towards me, still holding my face in his hand and lightly places his lips on mine. His lips were so soft and warm, I wanted more. I wanted him. Before he could pull away seeing that I was still practically frozen in shock and my eyes were wide open, I close them and kiss him back.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

** A/N: Hey guys, I know it's short but bear with me here. In the final edit I might put some chapters together. I just really want you guys to be able to read my story but I have been soooo busy that I can't find the time to write :( but I did manage to get about two pages in today so I hope you guys like it. Don't worry. it will definitely get longer. A LOT longer. I love you guys and keep fanning, commenting, voting and being awesome!

Peace, Love, and Blueberries <3

-Sweetdreamer747**