Chapter Six- Whirlwind

© Copyright Sweetdreamer747 2013, All Rights Reserved

Chapter Six: Whirlwind

I don't get it... I just don't freakin get it. One minute we were kissing and the next...I am in my room...by myself...basically dumbstruck by the event that just occurred not even 2 minutes ago.

Ethan kissed me.

And I kissed back.

And then he left.

He just freaking left!

Did he regret it? I knew this would happen if we ever got together. It would ruin our friendship- making things really awkward. I can't deal with this right now. I have enough on my plate now as it is...Kayla. Ugh!!!!! Why do I have to be a teenager surrounded by drama?! Can't I just skip to the old spinster lady with a bunch of cats years? Cause, if I keep heading in the direction I'm going then that's definitely where I will end up.

After I shake off the shock I immediately presume to jump/plop down on my bed and curl up into my fluffy body pillow- with a phone in hand of course. I debate whether to text Aria or not. In situations where I am depressed or upset or confused I usually talk to Kayla but...no, stay strong! You don't need her! She doesn't want you... Deserve you...

It was too late- mentally trying to cheer myself up wasn't exactly working. I notice my fluffy pillow was getting uncomfortably wet next to my face. I was crying. Before I knew it, I was buried into the pillow bursting into tears.

That night I cried like I had never cried before...

---------------------------------------------

"Get up beach!"

"Ugh," I grumble lazily into my pillow, "5 more minutes, mom." I roll over and pull the covers over my head- not in the mood to get up as you can tell.

Wait...my mom doesn't call me beach or sound like that.

"Karsy?" I jolt up out of bed, squinting my eyes as I try to see if I was correct. "Is that you?" Ouch--daylight hurts.

"No, I'm the talking teddy bear that now gives you wake up calls." She snidely remarks as she falls forward into my lap on the bed.

"Okay, first of all, your sarcasm is not appreciated. Secondly, owwwww. Third, how are you here? I thought you live in California now. And finally....OWW!!!! Get the HELL off of me! You are digging into my rib cage!" I wiggle underneath her and she finally rolls to the other side of the bed and checks her phone.

"Oh chill it will ya? Put some ice on that hot head of yours or something...anyways, apparently my dad got transferred back here for work. I wanted to surprise you. Surprise!" She said in a high squeaky voice as she raises her arms wide to give me a suffocating hug- literally.

"Kay Karsy, can't breath here..." She slowly lets go and settles herself next to me on the bed Indian style as I do the same.

"So, of course you missed me so I'm not even going to ask that. We haven't talked in almost a month so what have I missed? Fill. Me. In....beach." She calls me beach all the time. It's sort of a nickname we have for each other since its pretty- how should I put this?...puny. Yeah~

So I resume to telling her about everything from my friendship with Kayla going down the drains to the confusing situation with Ethan.

"Wow....I missed A LOT" she put a huge emphasis on the A LOT part.

"The thing is, she was my best friend. You have been gone for two years and I know we were bestirs then but when you left she was all I had. She helped me get through some tough times- including my grandfathers death- I don't know what I would have done without her. We became so close and now she just tore it all apart and threw it away. I don't know what to do anymore. Can I just move on from this? Is it even possible?" I stare down at my hands to avoid crying. I'm not much of a cryer but lately I haven't been feeling much like myself- its her fault I am sure.