Chapter Four- Why?

© Copyright Sweetdreamer747 2013, All Rights Reserved

Chapter Four: Why?

She straitens her posture and looks at me dead in the eye. The guilt that I may have seen has now completely vanished in thin air.

She peirces her lips, "you came." she says sharply.

"Of course I did now get to the point Kayla. What is going on with you?"

She points at the bleachers and walks toward them, notifying me that I should follow then my phone buzzes. Its Ethan.

"Hey" I answer hastily.

"Hey, I was wondering-"

I cut him off, "Before you finish that sentence do you think I can call you back later? I am kind of in the middle of something, is that okay?" I glance over in Kaylas' direction, she is sittting there looking at her nails. Right now I would much rather talk to Ethan more than anything because he knows how to brighten my mood but, I need to know what is going on with Kayla.

"Sure thing, but you better call. It's important."

"Promise, bye."

I sigh and resume walking over to the bench Kayla was sitting at. I sit down on one of my legs and turn towards her so we can talk face to face.

"So? Talk." I command dully, wanting to get this whole thing over with.

"This is kind of hard to say-" she stops, biting her lower lip.

"Just say it, I can take it."

"Well, we have already covered the fact that I no longer want to be friends with you."

"Yeah?" I don't really no what to say...

"So, the reason is that I dont like you. You're immature, reserved, annoying and imitative. But you are good for something. You see- I used you as a stepping stone in the social hierarchy of high school. Since you are moderately popular I needed you to raise my status but, when it happened- Well, let's just say I pitied you. You had so much potential to become known in our school but now its too late. You are just a nobody and- I can't be friends with you." thank you for putting it so bluntly.

Words cant even describe the sadness and rage built up inside of me and before I knew it there was a loud smack that echoed throughout the football field. My hand was near Kayla's face and tears were streaming down mine. I stand up as quickly as I can and back away a few steps, shocked at the unconscious action I made.

As I was trying to subside my tears I managed to let out what I needed to say through clenched teeth, "Immature? Reserved? Annoying and Immitative? Are you kidding me? So you pitied me, huh?"

I try to hold back my tears as much as I can but they keep flowing along with my anger, "I don't believe this!...All this about social hierarchy and status is a load of bull you know that? This is not the Kayla I know, she would never do this."

She shruggs, " Times change, People change."

I snapped, "Oh, so you've changed huh? Is that what your saying? No, I think you may have always been this arrogant, presumtuous bitch that has no consideration of others feelings. Maybe we are better off not being friends... That is, IF we ever were." I peirce my eyes at her and turn walk away without turning back.

Everything suddenly became a blur, next thing I knew I was unknowingly driving myself to my dance studio.

I need to clear my mind and dancing always seems to do that for me.