Chapter Sixteen- ...And BS

© Copyright Sweetdreamer747 2014, All Rights Reserved

Chapter Sixteen- ...And BS

"I'll say this one more time before I scream...PLEASE, put some clothes on."

"But I'm-"

I warn through gritted teeth, "three, two..." Jake scrambles out of the room in a flash.

I don't know how this day could get any worse. First I'm drugged, then I wake up to nearly drowning and now I've seen my best friend's pompous boyfriend in nothing but a towel with said best friend nowhere to be seen.

"Come on Kars, open the door." Jake pleas between knocks down the hallway, "I'm wearing clothes now if it helps?"

"No! Just go away Jake." She begs.

They were in the guest bedroom. Jake is leaning up against the bathroom door jiggling the handle and Karsy must be inside.

"Jake let me handle this," I lightly push him aside, "Kars, you okay? Can you come out so we could talk?"

"I can't Ciara." She cries.

"Would it help if I asked Jake to leave?"

She answered with silence and I pleaded Jake with my eyes. He looked defeated and for a moment I actually felt bad for him. Like I've said before- I don't like him but I like how he is with Karsy and likewise.

Once he left she finally came out wearing nothing but underwear and a bed-sheet.

I sigh, "Oh no."

She pouts, "I know."

"Tell me you didn't."

"That's the thing...don't know."

I plop down on the bed next to her, "How could this day get any worse?"

"Tell me about it."

She looks like she's been through hell. Her hair is a mess and mascara runs down her tear stained cheeks.

"I almost drowned waking up this morning." I giggle in spite of myself.

Karsy laughs too, "I woke up next to my naked boyfriend and could have most likely lost my vCard without remembering."

I smile weakly, "Bright side?"

She glares at me, "I dare you."

"You're right, there isn't one."

"That's depressing."

"Yup."

"So, Jake?"

"Yeah I'm avoiding him for a while."

"You can't do that forever." I inform her.

"Yeah well, he will have to deal with it for a while until I get things sorted out." She looks around the room like there's something missing, "oh God."

"What?!"

She looks at me with tears in her eyes, "Please tell me we used protection!"

----

After hours of trying to calm Karsy down with ice cream and a Harry Potter marathon she finally stopped crying long enough to nap. Now with her passed out on the couch I have to tackle the rest of the house which regretfully looks turned upside down by a category 5 hurricane.

Just as I was beginning to make progress my phone rings: Aria.

I flip open the phone with one hand and lean it against my shoulder while I sweep the floor.