Part 20 - "When I look in your eyes it feels like I'm home"

Lacey's POV

When I woke up, I was really tired. That's what I get for staying up until 1:00 a.m. I guess. I sat up slowly then nudged Ron to wake up. Gwen was already up, probably showering. Ron's eyes opened slowly. "Morning," he said smiling. "Good morning," I said. We both got up and showered and all of that. I didn't feel like like getting all pretty and neither did Gwen, Liam or Ron. I wore soccer sweats with one of my older brother's football jersey.

Yupp. That's right, I have a brother. He left for college a few years ago. He should be graduating at the end of this year.

Gwen wore grey Aerie sweats with a dark blue sweatshirt. We both just added a little mousse to our hair. We walked downstairs and Liam was wearing a plain dark blue shirt, matching Gwen's sweat shirt, with jeans. Ron was wearing light blue jeans and a soccer sweater with a white shirt underneath it. Soccer player, totally my type. "Ready?" Gwen asked. We all nodded. Gwen and Liam upfront and Ron and I in the back. Gwen does have her license but she'd rather her mom drive. But her mom is out of town, for some business trip so Gwen is driving today.

"Are you nervous?" I asked Ron. He looked at me and smiled. "Not at all." Then Ron's phone started ringing. "Hello?... Yea... Can't... because... I don't want to." Then he hung up. "Who was that?" I asked. "This girl Sienna. Met her at the beach one day. She won't leave me alone. I swear this girl is a stalker." I started laughing but honestly I was a little nervous. I was starting to like Ron a little and she was one of the reasons Gus and I broke up. What if she pulls another trick on him?

Just then, we pulled into the school. I didn't bother opening the door. She had one of those convertable jeeps. I just jumped over the door. We all walked into school laughing and smiling. I couldn't help but look at Ron. His crooked smile is perfect. I did everything I need to at my locker then walked to the office with Ron so he could get his locker and schedule. "Ronnn," we turned around and saw Sienna run towards him. He rolled his eyes and just kept walking. I followed, so did Sienna. "Lacey, go away," she said rolling her eyes. "If you talk to me. You talk to her as well," Ron said putting his arm around my shoulder and smiled at me. "Is this why you couldn't hang out at lunch?" She asked glaring at me. "No. I just don't like you," he said and we turned and walked away laughing.

"That was nice," I said. Then started smiling to myself noticing his arm still around me. Like he was reading my mind or something, he moved his arm and blushed a little. "I'm sorry. I kind of forgot to move my arm," he said smiling. I just shrugged a little disappointed that he moved it. Then we got to the office. He held the door open for me like a true gentleman. "Why thank you kind sir," I said giggling. We got his schedule and all of that stuff. He exchanged his books and everything and we started walking to homeroom, which we had together. "So... You are going to steal Lacey from me now." We turned around and saw Josh.