Part 13 - "I don't mean to hurt, just put you first"

We pulled away and I was smiling like an idiot. I was so thankful that it was dark and he couldn't see it. "Oh. Um. I'm sorry Lacey." He said and I felt him tense up. "I didn't mind." I said still smiling. I felt his body relax. "Ow! A pen just hit my head!" Josh shouted and everyone started laughing. "Lemme see your hand," Josh said and took my hand. Once again, I smiled like an idiot. He wrote down a bunch of things on my hand. Just as he finished I was getting a call.

"Hello?" I said still on top of Josh. "I'm back," was all the person said, then hung up. "What happened?" He asked stroking my hair. "Josh, I-I don't know. All the person said was "I'm back," Then hung up. I'm scared Josh." I said only loud enough for him to hear. He kissed my forehead. "Check your hand. It may help." I could even hear a smile in his voice.  His perfect smile. Two little dimples and his eyes corner up a little. It's- getting off track, my bad. I used the backlight on my phone and put it on my hand. In Josh's neat hand writing were the words, 'Will you be my girlfriend?'

I thought I was smiling like an idiot before. "You know, I can see your smile." Josh whispered in my ear, giving me chills. "Here. Take my sweatshirt." Josh said, noticing me shiver. I slipped in on and it smelled just like him, Holister Cologne. "So will you?" He asked me, whispering in my ear again. "Yes," I said and kissed him again. He moved his hands under my shirt and started rubbing my back. Not in a perverted way though; caressing. Just then, the lights flickered on.

"Finally. They are back on!" Someone shouted. Josh and I pulled away then. "Don't act like I didn't see you two," Gwen whispered to me, once I sat up. I just smiled. "Well, It's about time," She said nudging me. "Yeah. Yeah. Yeah. I have to talk to you later though," I said talking about the phone call. She nodded then saw Josh's sweatshirt. "Yellow works for you," she said smiling at me. Then I noticed Josh wasn't around us anymore. Then I heard yelling. Gwen, Liam, Conner and I raced towards the yelling. Josh was in the circle yelling at Gustavo.

"You stole her from me!!" Gustavo yelled. "You never cared about her!!" Josh yelled back. "I did care for her!" Gustavo yelled back. "Well. I love her," Josh said getting in his face. My jaw dropped. "You aren't having Lacey. I refuse to let you," Gustavo said crossing his arms. I plowed through the circle forming around them. I pulled on Josh's arm trying to pull him away. He was so angry, his face was red as a tomato. When I pulled on his arm, he pushed me to the ground. I stared up at him with disbelief, tears forming in my eyes.. 'Great. The storm is still going on so there's no where to run.' I thought. Josh looked down at me and his face calmed down while his jaw dropped. "Lacey. I-I'm sorry," he said trying to help me up. I back away from him and stood up. I walked backwards looking at him about to cry. When I felt the tears start to come, I turned around and walked normally.

Gwen rushed up to me. "Are you okay? You're crying. Did he hurt you?" She asked me. "I'm fine. It's just he knows what I went through. And he does that? It didn't hurt when I fell," I said giving her a hug.  Then, Josh came running towards us. "Lacey, please. I'm so sorry. I was just so mad. I-I love you Lacey," he said getting on his knees and touched my cheek. "P-prove it." I said still crying. He took Gwen's guitar and started playing a song. He started playing and one point stood out the most to me. Mainly because it's when Josh looked me directly in my eyes. "I will stand accused. With my hand on my heart. I'm just trying to say I'm sorry. It's all that I can say. You mean so much." When he finished the song,  he placed the guitar on the floor and stared at me. I didn't know what to do. I wanted to forgive him but could I? "Well?" He asked.