Part 5

I put it on speaker and told Gwen to be quiet. "Hello?" I asked. "Is this Lacey Savannah?" I looked over at Gwen. "Yeah. Who is this?" I asked the mystery man. "I'm your father, John." I didn't know what to do. Hang up? Talk with him? I was clueless. "Oh. Um okay." I said watching Gwen with wide eyes. "I've been looking for you and your mother for years." He said. "Oh. You might want to stop. ToniAnn  is not someone you really want to be around right now." I said and he hesitated. "Why is that?" I was about to cry. I could feel the tears. "She's an abusive drunk." I said starting to cry. "Since when?" He asked me. "2 years. She was going to kill me before." I said while being wrapped in a hug from Gwen. "I am so sorry Lacey. I shouldn't have left." I started to get angry. "Then why did you?" I asked him. "Your mother cheated. I tried taking you with me. She wouldn't let me. I should've fought harder for you." He said sounding depressed. "Is there any chance we could like meet or something?" I asked him. "How about the ice cream place on the beach?" He asked. "Sounds good. Sunday around 1?" I said. "See you then. Lacey?" He asked me. "Yeah?" I said. "I've missed you a lot." He said and I started to cry. "I've missed you too. But I got to go. Bye." I hung up before he could respond.

Gwen gave me a hug. "Congrats Lace." She said and I smiled. "Let's go back downstairs." I said and took a hand full of candy. "What took so long?" Josh asked once I sat next to him. "I got an important call." I said smiling. "From?" He asked taking some candy. "My dad." I said slowly. His head shot up. "He said he had investigators find me. I'm meeting him tomorrow." I said smiling even bigger. "Congrats. You can finally have a good parent." He said giving me a hug. Then we just watched a movie. We only payed attention for 30 minutes. After that we all started talking. "I should ask my mom if we can have a party after school tomorrow. It is Friday tomorrow!" Gwen said. "That'd be sick." We all said then laughed. Then Gwen ran upstairs.

"So Lacey. Any crushes lately?" Liam said sitting next to me. "Eh. A few people here and there. Nothing too serious though." I lied. I was crazy for a guy named Greg but everyone called him Gustavo or Gus. He was one of the jocks, but sweet. He treated girls with the respect they deserved. "Liar. I can tell your thinking about someone. Spill." Liam said. I started laughing. "Spill? Really?" I said. "Woah. Wait a second. Are you actually being nice to me?" I smiled and faked a laugh. "Once in a lifetime opportunity." He started laughing. "But tell me who you like." I rolled my eyes. "No. I don't want to." I said making a fake pouting face. "Tell me." Liam said tickling me. "Okay. I'll tell." I said laughing. "This dude named Greg." I said and looked down. "Is that a bad thing?" Josh asked me. "No. But why would he, captain of the baseball team, most popular guy in school, go out with me, an abused child, not too popular. I'm ordinary and he, isn't."

Josh's POV

She isn't ordinary. She is amazing. She is perfect. Gustavo would be lucky to have her. I really did wish she liked me and not Gus. He has every girl falling over him. I don't want to have Gustavo's life. I want to have Lacey as my girlfriend. I like her like no one could explain. People always say 'no words to explain' but they have no clue what I am feeling. Not love, something more than that. Way more. I wish she would just see that. See that Gustavo isn't the guy for her. "Lace. You aren't anywhere near ordinary." I blurted out. "How so?" She asked looking at me. "You are nothing like the girls in our school. There are the cheerleaders, fakes, brains, jocks, band, goth, skaters, and populars. You and Gwendolyn fall into your own category. You two both go under 'Real and Amazing.'" I said and she smiled. "Thanks Josh." She said giving me a hug. "Party is on!!" Gwen shouted. "Awesome." I said and ran my fingers through my hair. "Gwen. Gwen. Gwen!!!" Lacey shouted as she moved closer to me, gripping my arm.