The Last Day

I wake up the next morning, feeling well-rested and seeing that a lot of the Karasuno members had already gotten up, probably at breakfast already. The room was mostly empty except for one or two other people besides Shouyou and I. Oh that's right. Shouyou. I look next to me and see that the boy was still sound asleep. I know he needs his breakfast to fuel his 'endless' stamina so I know I have to wake him up somehow.

"Shouyou. Wake up" I whisper to him, but he still is passed out. I sigh and poke him in the cheek, hoping to get more of a reaction out of him, but he doesn't show any signs of waking up. How does he wake up? I wonder to myself as I try to think of another way to wake him up. I pray that he'll forgive me for this as I grab his shoulders and gently shake him awake. His eyes open and he rubs them, clearly not entirely awake. I pat his head and stand up, about to leave to get ready for the day.

"Kenma?" I turn around and see Shouyou standing up, already with that shine in his eyes that signals that he is full of energy. I look at him, a bit curious as to how he is already so energetic. Maybe he wants something or—

Before I can finish my train of thought, he has walked over to me and wraps his arms around my waist, bring me into a hug. I rest my chin on top of his head and wrap my arms around his chest, hugging him back. After what feels like an hour, I break from the hug, telling Shouyou we have to get ready for the day and mentioning that he'll miss breakfast if he takes too long. I watch him sprint down the hall as I walk back to the Nekoma room to get my clothes and toiletries.

I slide open the door and notice that the room is empty. Hopefully no one missed me I think to myself. I open up my bag and get out a fresh t-shirt, boxers, shorts, and socks to change into. I take a quick shower and change into the fresh set of clothes, brushing my hair into its normal position so it does not obscure my view. I quickly brush my teeth and put on my volleyball shoes as I go to the cafeteria, noticing Shouyou is already there and eating with his teammates. I grab a tray of food and walk over to where my team is—the first thing I notice is Kuro's signature 'bedhead' hair so he is easy to spot. I sit down next to him, knowing he'll probably ask a few questions about the night as I slowly start to eat my food.

"So...did you do Chibi-chan or did he do you?" I look up from my rice and give Kuro my death stare, letting him know I would not do that. At least so soon I think to myself. I know he is joking but I still had to let him know.

"Shut up Kuro. I just slept with him. Physically." I tell him, making sure he knows exactly what I did. I pick up my rice and eat a few more mouthfuls of it when I get interrupted again by Kuro.

"Well hey" I look up at him, seeing a genuine happiness on his face "I'm happy for you Kenma". I just smile as I dig into the rest of my meal.

"Shut up, Kuro ya idiot".

After we finish breakfast, the day starts. We have three sets to play until the training camp ends and with a good meal, supposedly. The first set is again Fukurodani and Fukurodani takes the set 25-23. The next two sets Nekoma easily wins since the only two challenging teams to play at the training camp are Fukurodani and Karasuno. During the middle of our final match, I hear Kuro laughing a bit. I follow his gaze and see the Fukurodani vs Karasuno match on the far court. Apparently Shouyou had scored a point using a feint, which Bokuto had taught him. I watch as Shouyou bounces up and down the court, eyes lit with excitement, and I can't help but smile. His excitement seems to have gotten to me, as Kuro points out. He compares my excitement in watching Shouyou to the excitement I get before I play a new video game. He's not wrong Shouyou excites me but in other ways.

The final practice matches wrap up and the coaches tell us to meet them outside. Apparently they had some surprise for us outside but I figure it can't be anything too exciting as I go to take my shower. I walk to the Nekoma room to put my sweaty clothes away after I had taken my shower, picking up my phone as well since I know there'd be way too many people outside and I would not want to have to deal with them. Except for maybe Shouyou and Kuro.