-Chapter Eighteen

It's kind of strange to see James this way since he's always the cheerful one out of all of us. He sits down with his head in hands then takes a long breathe.

"James, are you okay?" I ask slightly concerned but as soon as the words are out of my mouth Freddie glares at me.

"I just need to talk to you," He glances over at Freddie. "Alone."

"Anything you have to say to Riley, you can say to me" Freddie says stubbornly while crossing his arms.

"No it's okay, Freddie can you leave for a second?" I say in the sweetest voice possible.

He makes a face then groans but leaves anyways but of course not without slamming the door. For a few moments there is an awkward silence then James sighs and slowing sits down beside me.

"A little hot-headed huh" He says with a little chuckle trying to lighten the mood. But I just wait for him to say what he wants. "Soo you and Freddie huh?"

I scratch my head , well this is where this conversation is going.

"No- I mean yeah , like I don't know we kind of are a thing , we kind of aren't ? You know what I saying?" I rush out saying confusing myself.

James forces a smile. "Well that's great," He says with a strain voice. "Im happy for you guys, I guess."

"James, you aren't upset, right?" My heart drops a little.

"I really can't be , you know what Freddie wants, Freddie gets, it's always been like this."

This makes my heart drop to my stomach. Did I make the right choice? What if James is really the one for me but I'm just too blinded by Freddie's bad boy image?

"Hey James?"

"Yeah?"

"I feel like this is much to ask for. But can you like wait for me , until I get my head straight and I figure everything out?"

James sighs. And this makes my heart stop. No it was too much to ask for.

"Yeah I guess I'll wait , you just promise me one thing."

"What?"

"Don't let him take advantage of you. And don't get so far deep you forget who you really are, also don't come crying to me hurt at the end cause I might not be there for you." He says with a little chuckle at the end.

"Okay, I promise."

I say while I wrap my arms around him tight. I close my eyes and rest my head on his shoulders. Why do I have butterflies right now? I'm really scared about choosing the wrong one. Ugh why'd I have to be gay this summer?

Suddenly the door bursts open and Freddie comes marching in.

"Okay talk over ! And James can you back away from MY boyfriend please?" He says with an annoyed but mocking tone.

James backs away and sighs. And the only thing I can offer him is a apologetic smile.

___________________________

I know it's so short but it's so hard to write right now, I'm so stuck. I don't have any idea where this story is going , it's just playing out chapter by chapter. Thanks for all the positive feedback on the last chapter though!

Fan>Vote>Comment>Recommend>Feedback

Who actually reads this ? Lol Comment "Riley" if you do

First comment gets a dedication

Thanks :D