Chapter 13-Accident Prone

Logan's P.O.V.
"YOU'RE FUCKED IN THE HEAD YOU KNOW THAT???" I heard an all too familiar voice shout. Hayley backed away quickly. I reached for Lynn so she wouldn't hit Hayley.

"Lynn you need to calm do-" she ripped her arms away from mine.

"NO..." she said. I saw it in her eyes, she was heartbroken and it was my fault. She was trying her best to just be angry, but I could see past that. "What the fuck is wrong with the both of you" she said. Her eyes pleaded for me to say the obvious thing. She wanted me to tell her it wasn't what she thought... that everything was fine and it was just a misunderstanding. Hayley wanted that too. We both knew that Lynn deserved better.

"Lynn, I'll take you home and answer any questions you have, but we can't do this right now in the middle of my work" I said. I saw she was trying to find something to say that would hurt me. I just pulled her into a tight hug as tears started to form in her eyes.

"I'm gonna go" Hayley said softly. I could tell she was freaking out too.

"No, if I'm gonna know what the hell is going on I'm gonna need both of you to explain it to me" she said. She stopped leaning into me and wiped her eyes. "Let's go" she said. Hayley and I looked at each other confused. We followed Lynn to the entrance of the store.

"How about we explain this at my place" I said, knowing it was the least likely place we would be overheard or disturbed.

"Sounds good to me" Hayley mumbled. Lynn looked back and forth between Hayley and I.

"I guess we are all in agreement then" Lynn sighed. The drive was the most uncomfortable situation I had ever been in. With Hayley sitting in the backseat staring at me through the rear view mirror, and Lynn calming herself down staring out the passenger side window and occasionally looking at me with that painful expression on her face.

"Could you turn on some music or something?" Hayley requested rather desperately. "It's so quiet" she said leaning back into her seat, playing with the zipper on her sweater. I looked at Hayley through the mirror who let out a puff of air, leaned forward and turned on the radio herself.

"What kind of music do y'all want to listen to?" Hayley asked.

"Anything at this point" Lynn said. "This is the most awkward I've ever felt in my life" she chuckled. What??? Hayley laughed and loosened up a bit. I stayed quiet.

"I'm sure we're all in the same boat with that one" Hayley said as she turned on the radio and cranked up the volume. Then she turned her head to look at Lynn, "Wether you believe me or not I have to at least tell you that hurting your feelings was the last thing Logan ever wanted to do-"

"Hayley, you don't have to"

"No it's alright" Lynn interjected. "I realize I kind of pushed things on you and it was probably the best thing to do at the time" Hayley and I exchanged a glance.  "I remember all of the rumors that you were with a student in a way you shouldn't have been. My mom and I were interviewed by some of the police while it was happening"

"Lynn, you know that I never wanted you to get mixed up in my mess"

"But I did... I'm saying no one is completely right or wrong, that's all up to perspective. I just- I don't even know what I was thinking. Even if it wasn't Hayley I know for a fact you weren't all in from the beginning. Not like you are with her" Lynn said as we pulled into my driveway. I killed the engine and looked out the window, not sure what to say next.

"I'm going to get out and walk home. I still want to be friends and this time I'll keep it as just friends" Lynn offered and I smiled.

"You're so strange" I said to her.

"No one ever got anywhere by putting others down"

"Even if they did life would go and bite them in the ass" I added and we both laughed.

"Is that a threat Lo?" Lynn asked jokingly. I just shrugged. Lynn held her hand out and looked into my eyes.

"Truce?" I shook her hand and then she did the same with Hayley. She got out of the car, buried her hands into her pockets and started walking off into the night.

"Did we really just let her walk off without any protection?" Hayley asked.

"No, I talked to her awhile back about that kind of stuff. Now she always has pepper spray, a whistle, and a pocket knife that's sharp to the touch" I said.

"Still?"

"Well, we made a rule that when she's walking she has to have someone from our friend group or her mom on the phone with her so they know if anything's up" I said.

"I guess that makes me feel better, but it would've been easier to drive her"

"She needs her space for right now. She's still hurting even if she's hiding it more than she normally would" I said. Hayley climbed over and into the passenger seat.

"That situation was way to easy to handle..." she said looking at me.

"But I know Lynn... she's honest and keeps her promises" I said to reassure Hayley, even though I felt the exact same way.

"You know I love you, right?" Hayley asked. I furrowed my eyebrows and looked her way. I couldn't quite read the expression on her face.

"Of course and I love you too" I said.

"So... Are we lucky as fuck or what?" She took my hand in hers and flashed me a smile.

"We do okay" I said squeezing her hand in mine and kissing her sweetly.