Chapter One

My Girl

^Samantha above/to the side^

~Chapter One~

I sat in the drivers seat staring at the new house I just bought. Cora sat patiently in the back fiddling with her small elephant that I had given her when she was two months old. I sighed happy that we were here and safe.

The new town I had chosen was small and exclusive, which I liked. That means Cora can always be safe instead of in a large city. I didn't like the idea of moving somewhere else, since I had grown up in Manhattan and had a nice house my parents had left me before they died. But Cora was getting bullied, and we both needed to move on with our lives. Or at least I did. I didn't know if I could stay in my childhood house one more minute before breaking down crying and wishing that my parents would come back alive.

But I knew better.

"Mommy, why are we sitting here in the car?" Cora asked.

I sighed once again and turned to her with a smile on my face. Her rosy cheeks widened as she smiled at me. She really was the cutest little girl I know. With her pink tutu and white shirt that had some Disney Princess on it. Her hair was down in breaded pigtails with ribbons on the very end.

"I don't know, you tell me. Why aren't you in our new house?" I asked playfully.

"Well you haven't gotten me out of my booster seat!" she exclaimed.

I laughed and got out of the car. I made my way to the side of the car and helped her out of the seat never the less.

"I will give you a ten second head start before I go in and choose my room!" I said while setting her down on the grassy lawn. "Ready, set, go!"

Cora bolted inside as I counted to ten slowly. Once I made it to ten I ran inside myself and wondered around until I found the first room I saw. It was a baby blue color with a window seat on the right side of the wall.

"I want this one," Cora said from the floor.

She sat excitedly looking around at her new room. She giggled happily holding Ellie, her elephant, close to her chest.

"You sure you want this room?" I asked her with a smirk on my face.

She nodded and stood up, "Let's go find you a room."

I held my hand out for her to take. She placed her small fingers inside my larger ones guiding me from room to room. We found the master bedroom just down the hall from Cora's which made things easier if I needed to get up in the middle of the night for her.

We walked into the master bedroom, it was painted a beautiful red color with white trimming. In the middle of the room sat the King sized bed frame the other family had left when I bought it. The floor was a dark wood which contrasted with the deep red that colored the walls.

"How about this one?" I asked Cora.

She nodded, "This will do."

I laughed and picked up her small body effortlessly. I tickled her stomach making her laughter echo inside the empty house. My smile widened even more as she squirmed in my arms.

"Are you sure?" I questioned her while still tickling her.

"Yes! Yes I am sure!" She squealed.

"Alright, whatever Cora says is set in stone isn't it?" I joked as she slid down my body to land on the floor.

"Yep," she nodded while popping the p.

We held hands again, looking around the house in aw. The house I picked was very modern. The way it was decorated I liked because it made Cora happy. The house only had two bedrooms, which wasn't a problem since there would be only two of us living here. The house had a large kitchen in it, a dinning room, a living room, and two bathrooms. There was even a sunroom that was at the very back of the house, that overlooked the greenery outside.