3

Audrey and Mrs.Davis rocked side to side in tears because today was her last day in physical therapy. She had been one hundred percent cleared. "i'm so proud of you. I am so proud of you" Mrs.Davis said letting her go. "Almost six months ago you came in here all broken confused, and lost but you had a drive about you. I knew you were going to be a tough one to deal with but I never knew you'd end up becoming the daughter I never had. I honestly don't even want to let you go" She continued sniffling a little. Mrs.Davis always longed for a daughter but after four tries and only boys she gave up.

Audrey's last day was supposed to be a month ago but out of the blue her doctor said she needed one more month. Deep down she knew Mrs.Davis had something to do with it but she didn't mind. She enjoyed her presence just as well.

" I never knew you'd become my second mom. I haven't felt a motherly feel since my mother passed away when I was 14" Audrey responded wiping her eyes. "I promise to still come over to see you." She was serious. Call it unprofessional but they grew a close bond over the months.

Lucas and Mahz watched the scene from the living room not wanting to interrupt their moment. After they dried up their tears and engaged in small conversation Lucas stood up walking over to them.

"I'd like to make a announcement " he said beating a spoon on a glass cup for dramatic effect. The two had become close over the course of her appointments. She never knew she needed a brother until coming across him.

"as we know the homie last day of therapy was today and I would just like to take this moment to express how proud of her I am. When you first got here woman I ain't gone lie you was giving everybody hell ,but looking back on it i'm glad you did because it gave me a reason to come around. So congratulations lil homie to being able to use them ashy ass legs again" He finished while pulling her into a hug. Audrey busted out laughing hitting Lucas and pushing him off of her.

" Thank you Lucy. I appreciate it" Lucas mugged at the name she'd recently started calling him. Fruity ass shit.

Mahz stood up clearing his throat before walking over to them. His mother gave him a side eye on the low. "Audrey can I speak to you in private" His deep voice spoke pausing the little conversation that were on going.

She looked at him nodding her head before following onto the back patio. For some reason she was nervous. His demeanor was so mean and the mug he constantly wore on his face was enough to make her want to keep her distance. She wanted to give him a piece of her mind at first but she did her research after Mari advised her to do so and the rumors she was coming across made her changer her mind asap.

" I would like to apologize for what I said. I didn't know the whole situation. I honestly shouldn't have put my input in anyway because it didn't concern me. I was just upset a fight happened in one of my restaurants." He apologized with a sincere look replacing his usual mug. Audrey slightly smiled before speaking "I apologize as well. You were right I could have handled it better but anger clouded my mind that night" she said thinking back a little as her stomach slightly turned.

Mahz nodded his head understandingly. He didn't know what to say but after giving it a little thought he couldn't blame her anymore. The more he put himself in her shoes the more he realized it would've been brains scattered across the building that day and not pasta and glass.

" Stay here for a second" Mahz said before hurrying back into the house. Audrey raised her eyebrow looking in confusion. " ok then" she mumbled before sitting in one of the fancy patio chairs. It was truly neat out here she thought eyeing the pretty large pool that sat off in the distance. She loved the black cement that surrounded it. " Got you something" Mahz said coming back outside with a small bag breaking her from her thoughts.

"I can't imagine the type of pain you were in when you woke up to the news that your child didn't make it ,but I do want to give you this gift and hope that in a way it will help you feel like he's with you at all times" He handed over the small bag. Audrey hesitantly accepted the bag before pulling some of the wrapping out. Seeing a small black box and she looked up quickly shaking her head no. " i can't accept thi-"

"Open it." He demanded.

She sighed doing as told. Instantly her eyes watered. it was a diamond encrusted necklace with a diamond heart pendant hanging from it that opened and closed. On the inside were two pictures. One side being where she was holding the premature baby as she was unconscious and the other being a picture of the baby feet. She had no idea how much shit Mahz went through to get those pictures. His mother even had to a few strings at the hospital for him. " I- I just. wow" She sniffed out " Thank you so much Mahz" He smiled keeping quiet. " Here let me put it on you" He spoke.

She stood handing him the box before turning around. He gently removed the necklace from the the box before pushing her hair to the side and placing it around her neck before turning her around and adjusting it.

As she looked down at the necklace her tears spilled over " I appreciate this so much Mahz you have no idea"  she surprising pulled him into a hug. Mahz wasn't a fan of touch but in that moment he knew she needed a hug so he complied.

She was twenty two weeks once she lost the baby. She wanted to wait until the perfect time to tell Chevy but that time never came. After a while she pulled herself together. " You're welcome ma. I felt like I owed you that"

The two looked up as the back door opened. Kennedy came out smiling. " Hi Audrey. I take it you like his gift. He ran around forever trying to make sure it was perfect. Hence why it's diamond encrusted and expensive."  This wasn't Audrey's first time speaking to Kennedy they've had a few conversations this past week after they crossed paths during her last few sessions.

Audrey knew Kennedy truly didn't like her but It wasn't a jealous type of dislike. Kennedy was just raised in a way that made her automatically not like females she guess. Audrey coughed before smiling. " I love it. It's so beautiful" She hugged Mahz once more before entering the house.

Mama Davis and Lucas instantly approached her wanting to see the gift. They knew about it but didn't know what it was. " Yoooooo " Lucas exclaimed excitedly " This tight ".

His mom smiled in silence looking at it in adoration. "That son of mine" she smiled shaking her head. " Can't help but to love him I guess be do got a nice streak in him"

————————-

I don't even know where to start with updating this book lol. I was 18 when I started working on it. It's kind of fun to see how my mind operated then.