27

Your POV

The next day I woke up when the streams of light started to come in through the curtains.

I sat up, realizing Lauren and I had fallen asleep on the couch during our movie marathon.

I smiled slightly to myself as I slipped out of the room and made my way upstairs to grab a few things.

"Where are you going?" I heard someone ask from my doorway.

I turned and saw Lauren standing there, a sad look on her face as she watched me slip on my shoes.

"I need to go do something. I'll be back in a little while," I told her as I made my way over to her.

"Are you going see Camila?" She asked.

I nodded, not wanting to lie, but I also didn't want her to get the wrong idea.

"I need to go talk to her about something," I said, watching her eyebrows raise at me.

"We'll probably be in the studio by the time you get back," Lauren mumbled, turning to walk away. "See you later."

My heart ached slightly as she went into her room and closed the door.

I decided against going after her, wanting nothing more than to go see Camila and work out everything with her.

I drove to her house, knocking on the door when I got there.

"Hey," she said when she opened it. "Come in."

"Is anyone else home?" I asked as we sat down in the living room.

"No, they all went out," she told me.

"Oh..." I mumbled, not knowing where to start this conversation.

"I get it," Camila spoke up, making me look at her.

"I get why you choose her. I'm not as naive as everyone thinks I am. I could see how much you cared for her even when you were mad," she explained.

"That night you came get me at that party and she tagged along I saw it. I see it now too," Camila smiled sadly.

"Cam, I'm really sorry," I told her, my eyes watering a bit. "I'm still trying to figure everything out after my dad and it feels like the world is against me."

"Don't apologize. I get it. I really do," she said, pulling me into a hug.

"I feel lost," I mumbled into her shoulder. "I feel like I rushed into all of this."

"Look, I get that. I really do understand where you're coming from. That's exactly how I felt when I was fifteen and getting put into a girl band and moving out to California."

I pulled back to listen to what Camila was saying.

"I went through what you're going through, and I just want you to promise me one thing..." she trailed off.

I nodded for her to continue as she took a deep breath.

"Promise me you'll focus on yourself for a bit. Really figure out what you want before you rush into anything else. Find yourself, Y/n," she told me, sticking her pinky finger out in front of me.

I bit my lip as I nodded and locked our pinkies together, trying to contain the tears that were threatening to fall.

"It's okay to cry. Why do I feel like you haven't done that since your dad's death?" Camila asked, and that's where I broke down.

Camila immediately pulled me into her arms and I buried my face into her neck.

"Because I haven't," I mumbled, feeling her soothing hands rub my back.

"I love you. I want you to know that," Camila said, making my heart flutter.

I knew she didn't mean it in a romantic way, but it still felt amazing to know she cared about me that much.

"I love you too," I told her, feeling comfort that she knew I meant it the same way she did.

"God, I'm a fucking charity case," I said, pulling away and wiping my eyes.

"Don't say that. You are not," Camila scolded, slapping my shoulder.

"Go home and take some time to yourself. Don't worry about coming into the studio for at least a week or two," Camila told me.

I opened my mouth to protest but immediately closed it when I saw Camila's glare.

"You promised," she said, making me nod.

"Alright, fine. I'll see you later," I told her, kissing her cheek and letting her walk me to the door.

The whole drive home I thought about what I was going to do. I knew to really figure out what I wanted I had to go somewhere else.

I didn't know where to go though.

I got out of the car and went inside the house, happy to see the girls had already gone to the studio.

I ran up to my room, grabbing a suit case and throwing in everything I needed. I went on my phone scrolled for a while, eventually finding myself purchasing a plane ticket.

As I walked out my room, knowing I wouldn't be back for a while, I stopped in front of Lauren's bedroom door.

I pushed open the door, looking around at her bedroom. It pretty much looked the same as it did the first day I was here, just a little messier.

I sat down at her desk, running my hands over the sheets of paper she had out.

I slowly picked up a pen, scribbling down a few words before slipping the ring my dad gave me off my finger.

I placed the ring down next to the note, ignoring how naked my hand felt without it as I called an uber and went downstairs.

"Y/n? Heading to the airport?" He asked as I got in the back.

"Yea, that's me," I told him.

"Cool, I'm Christian. Big trip?" He asked as he looked at my bags.

"I guess you could say that..." I trailed off, turning my phone on do not disturb so it wouldn't get too blown up by the girls.

"Where to?" Christian asked me.

I took a deep breath, staring out the window.

"Chicago."