37

Your POV

"Are you ready?" Lauren asked me as the uber we were in got closer and closer to our destination.

"No," I answered honestly, hearing her slight laugh before feeling her lips connect with my cheek.

"You're going to be fine," she told me as we arrived outside of her parents house.

I took a deep breath before getting out after her and carrying our luggage.

"It's so hot here," I told her, feeling myself start to sweat just from carrying our luggage up the driveway.

"That's Miami for you," she smiled as she walked into the house.

"Mama! Papa! We're here!" She yelled out.

I could smell food being cooked as we walked farther into the house.

"Lauren!" I heard a voice say before a woman I recognized as her mom approached us.

She hugged Lauren tightly before releasing her and turning to me.

"You must be Y/n. It's so nice to finally meet you," she said before hugging me. I hugged her back awkwardly as Lauren giggled at our interaction.

"It's so nice to meet you too, Mrs. Jauregui," I told her.

"Call me Clara, and call him Mike," she she told me, pointing behind her to show me her husband was now here.

"It's great to meet you, Y/n," Mike said before shaking my hand firmly.

"Nice to meet you too," I told him with a smile as he kissed Lauren on the head and walked away.

"Lauren, why don't you go introduce him to Taylor and Chris. They're both upstairs. I'll be in he kitchen if you need me," Clara said, sending me a smile before walking away.

Lauren and I both grabbed our bags, placing them down in her bedroom before she grabbed my hand.

We walked across the hallway and she knocked on the door.

"Come in!" A voice yelled from inside before we walked in.

"Lauren!" Taylor said excitedly before hugging her sister.

"Taylor, I want you to meet Y/n," Lauren said when she pulled away.

"Ahh, so you're Y/n," Taylor said with a smirk.

"Back off," Lauren told her, flicking her forehead before grabbing my hand.

"Ow!" Taylor said. "Stop being so over protective."

"Why are you two screaming?" I heard another voice ask from behind us.

"Y/n, this is Chris," Lauren said, motioning to the guy who was standing there.

"You're the one who got shot, right?" Chris asked me.

"Chris!" Lauren scolded him while Taylor giggled.

"What? That's badass," he said, shrugging his shoulders.

"Yea, that's me," I said with a slight laugh.

"You play basketball?" He asked, to which I nodded.

"You wanna come play right now? I was just about to go," he asked.

I was about to say yes but looked towards Lauren first.

"Why are you looking at me? Go ahead," Lauren smiled, pushing me in Chris' direction.

I laughed before following Chris outside, listening to him ramble about random things.

~•~•~

"Chris if you say another word I'm going to come over this table," Lauren warned when Chris threatened to bring up another old story.

Chris just laughed as he took another bite of his food.

"Alright, settle down," Clara told them.

"Are they always like this?" I whispered to Taylor.

"Usually it's worse than this actually," she told me with a roll of her eyes.

As dinner continued I got more and more comfortable with Lauren's family.

They were all very welcoming and extremely sweet, which I was grateful for.

"Dinner was great," I told Clara as I started to wash my plate in the sink.

"Thank you, mijo, but let me take care of that," she said, swatting me away and taking my plate.

"Alright, thank you," I laughed, walking into the living room to find Lauren and her siblings on the couches.

"Y/n, please tell Lauren that she's wrong," Chris said when I walked in.

"What is she wrong about?" I asked as I sat next to my girlfriend and put an arm over her shoulders.

"Just tell her she's wrong," he said, not giving me any insight to the conversation as Lauren rolled her eyes.

"I'm right," Lauren told me.

"I'm kind of obligated to take her side. Sorry," I told him, making Lauren smile and peck my lips.

"I win," Lauren told Chris.

I just laughed at the siblings, deciding I didn't need to know what the conversation was about.

After a movie and some more playful arguing between the siblings, Lauren and I headed to her room to get ready for bed.

"How was basketball with Chris earlier?" Lauren asked as she brushed her teeth.

"I kicked his ass," I said, making Lauren laugh. "Which is pretty sad considering I still don't have full motion in my shoulder."

"See, meeting my family wasn't that bad," Lauren told me as she climbed into bed next to me.

"I know. I don't know why I work myself up over these kinds of things," I admitted as she kissed my lips.

"Me neither," she joked before cuddling into my side.

"I love you," I mumbled into her hair as I kissed the crown of her head.

I heard her content sigh as she kissed my collarbone.

"I love you too."