Chapter Twenty-Two

I sighed deeply, trying not to get myself worked up as I felt the cold sensation running down my chest and the complete annoyance that sparked shortly after.

"It's fine," I said, smiling tightly at the freshman girl who stuttered out her apology to me. "Really, it's no big deal."

So this must have been what Jonah had felt when my soda decided to acquaintance itself on his chest. It was cold as hell (hell? But isn't hell supposed to be burning in fire?). I shifted my body slightly as my wet shirt pressed into my skin uncomfortably—especially since some of the liquid somehow had made its way inside my shirt and my bra, resulting in some tickling feeling I felt as the liquid trickled down my chest.

I caught Jonah's eyes from where he was sitting, and immediately narrowed my eyes at him at the slight amusement on his face. I shook my head and unsuccessfully tried, again, to pry the freshman girl's hand off of my shoulders.

"Hey, I mean it. Just... go," I told her, peeling her hands off my skin. "I'm not gonna eat you alive or anything, god. Unlike some people, I'm actually forgiving." I didn't tell her that if she kept on touching me and apologizing to me for the next five seconds, I would probably maybe really eat her alive.

Jonah's snort wasn't loud, but I heard it anyways since I was anticipating the sound. The freshman girl unsurely nodded her head at me, before saying her last apology and scurrying off, far away from where I was standing.

I sighed and walked over to Gina and Bey who were already staring at me sympathetically. I dropped my tray on the table and plopped myself on the chair, heaving out another loud sigh.

"I don't suppose any of you have a spare shirt I could wear?" I muttered, shoving French fries into my mouth to suppress my slight anger at the wet shirt I was still wearing. The only shirt I had in my locker was the school's gym uniform, and it was so tight I could barely tolerate the squeezing feeling of my boobs during the gym period itself.

"I just used my last stash of fresh clothes in my locker last week," Gina said, cringing.

Bey's expression was more or less the same. She didn't have to say anything, but I knew that even if she did have some spare clothes, I wouldn't be able to fit. She was so petite, standing only at 4' 9". Me, I wasn't all that tall either, but I was sure that my 5' 6" figure would have a hard time wiggling itself into her tiny sized shirt.

"This is why I need more girlfriends!" I groaned to myself.

Thankfully, the soda that the girl dumped on me wasn't brightly colored—in fact, it wasn't colored at all. I think it was sprite or something similar like that. Still, it left my whole chest feeling sticky and there was this sugary smell that came out from the soda, and I wasn't so much of a fan of it.

Needless to say, the soda left me with a terrible mood for the rest of the day. I almost felt really sorry for Jonah now for putting him through the same thing last month. I really almost did. Then again, he did dump soda all over my hair, so I guess I really didn't need to feel all that guilty after all.

Hours rolled around and it was already almost the end of school. I just got out from Chemistry class, my terrible mood still not getting any better, when I felt Jonah's presence calmly appearing next to me as I put my chemistry textbook into my locker.

"What?"

"Have you worked on your vow yet?" he asked.

"No." I glanced at him questioningly. "Why?"

He shrugged. "I was just wondering if I should search some matching vows on the internet."

I shook my head. "Nah. I'll just write it myself."