Sequel: Purposefully Accidental

Hi guys! It's been a while!

Some of you might have read Accidentally on Purpose years ago and forgot about it. Some of you might have just finished reading this book as recently as five minutes ago. And to every single one of you, I say: THANK YOU SO MUCH! You have no idea how much it means to me.

Accidentally on Purpose will be 9 years old this year (!!!) and that's just a bit insane to think about. I wrote this book when I was 16 and now I'm 25. To celebrate it, I'm here to happily announce that the sequel of AOP, titled Purposefully Accidental, is coming VERY soon. In fact, I have a date: I will start posting the first few chapters on June 2nd!

Here is the poster and summary:

After a series of drama involving the ever-reclusive grumpy loner in school—from plotting a scheme to get his attention by annoying the ever-loving hell out of him to getting paired together for a baby project to falling in love while enacting a fake wedding proposal for said baby project to finding out that their pasts were more intertwined than they could have ever imagined, Hannah Taylors expected her relationship with Jonah Gibbs to last forever.

Alas, as any teenage first love stories go, Hannah's story with her great first love was pretty much short-lived. After all, high school romantic relationships don't always translate well after graduation. The most cliché reason of it all: there's physical distance, which evolves into emotional distance, and then comes the realization that maybe they're both just too young for a great big forever love.

Fast forward—now they are older and wiser and have experienced separate lives apart from each other. Yet for some reason, Jonah suddenly keeps showing up in places he shouldn't—which puzzles Hannah. She wants nothing more than to rekindle the past with him, and maybe make him fall back in love with her, but how can she, when she's still hiding a big, big, big secret from him, that makes it near impossible for them to get back together?

---

Some of you might have been familiar with the title "Purposefully Accidental", and that's because I was writing the same book in 2017. However, I unexpectedly went into a writing hiatus when I was in college, and only picked up where I left off recently, at the end of last year.

Originally, I planned on Purposefully Accidental to be a short novel--with no more than 15 chapters. But ever since I started re-working it, I've expanded the storyline. So, if you've read the old version before, you might get a bit of déjà vu while reading the first few chapters of the book. However, don't you worry! I won't be abandoning Purposefully Accidental this time, because I've already written most of the book. I'm so so so excited!

You can find Purposefully Accidental on my profile, and I'd be really happy if you put it on your reading list. In the meantime, you can re-read Accidentally on Purpose for a bit of a refresher ;)

I can't wait for you guys to read this one. I'm so happy to be writing about Hannah and Jonah again. I really hope you'll like this one :)

For more updates, follow me on twitter and instagram at numbereddays_wp.

Love, Bree<3