Origins: The Swashbuckling Princess

Dear reader,

I finished the last chapter earlier than I expected so I decided to write another chapter. This chapter will be part of a group of chapters called Origins that will explain how some of the characters became who they are in Written. These chapters will be shorter than regular chapters and most likely will occur right before or immediately after Simon meets them in his book. Thanks for reading and I hope you enjoy the book.

MM

They told me they couldn't do anything for my hand. They just bandaged it, gave me milk of the poppy, told me the pain would eventually go away and that I wouldn't be able to fight anymore. I wanted to fight that boy again but there was nothing I could do. He was a very good adversary and he wasn't too bad on the eyes. If he wasn't fighting for the wrong side I might actually like him. I did like him. He was a very good fighter. None of the men here fought like that. They were all cowards. 

"You soldier...what is your name?"

I looked up to see that it was The Queen herself, Queen Nefari.

"Jamie Hooke, Your Highness." I said as I quickly stood at attention.

"So you are the soldier who kept fighting The Outsider even after the horn blew." 

"Ye....yes, Madame Nefari."

"But you're just a girl."

"With all due respect my lady, you are not a cotton-spinning housewife either."

She smiled at my comment. "You lost your hand."

"Yes ma'am. I was fighting the Outsider and I lost it in battle. They said I wont be able to fight."

"So you kept fighting him even after he took your hand and the horn blew?"

"I apologize." I humbly bowed my head to avoid her eyes

"I don't want your apology, I want your service." She lifted my gazed back up to meet hers.

"I'm sorry I don't understand."

"I need more soldiers like you. What would you do if I gave you your hand back?"

"I would owe you not only my blade but my life."

"...and if I gave you something better than your hand?"

"I will be your most faithful servant."

"I understand you were a pirate before you served."

"I prefer the term 'treasure hunter' my lady."

She smiled as she looked at my hand. "I will give you a second chance to fight, but you have to do something for me."

"I will do anything."

"Find me a treasure."

"What kind of treasure."

"Find me the boy who did that to you."

"Consider it done."

She smiled at me as she waved her hand over my missing hand. She chuckled in amusement. "Fitting...Congratulations, Jamie Hooke, you are now the Commander of my entire navy. Your ship, the Jolly Rodger, awaits you at the docks."

I looked at my hand  in disbelief. She actually gave me a second chance. It was not a hand but it was something. It was a hook.

"I will not fail you, my Queen." I said to her.

"Go and find my treasure....Commander Jamie." she said as she walked away.

I could not believe it. The Queen fixed my hand, personally wanted my help, gave me a ship and made me commander of her navy. These men will not be happy about this. I don't care because they will address me as their superior. I am no longer 'The Shwashbuckling Princess'. They will call me Commander Jamie.....no.....Captain Hook.

Dear Reader,

Please vote comment and share if you like this

MM

P.S. If there are any characters that you would like to see in future chapters feel free to suggest them via comment section or private message. Keep in mind that the majority of  this story will take place in Written and most of the characters are those form fairy tales, fables, legends and other stories like those. Thanks.