Chapter 7

I didn't appear in the woods like I did last night. This time I appeared in a long hall. It was thin and tall. The windows were arched and the floor was tiled. It resembled something you would find in a Romeo and Juliette play. The scene was very picturesque and surreal. Though the scenic picture was tarnished by fast moving clouds and an unnaturally dark overcast.

"There you are. I have been looking for you. One moment blood ran from your eyes in the courtyard the next moment your were gone. Where did you go? Did the Queen capture you?" Peter said said as he ran up to me.

"No I-" I started to say but I was cut off by Peter.

"Never mind that all that' matters is that you got away. Come, The King has requested our presence." He said as ran back in the direction he came.

"Wait 'our' presence?" I asked him.

"Yes and it sounds like urgent business. Hurry!" He yelled as he rounded a corner.

I took one last look at the sky at raced after Peter. I had a haunting feeing l that something bad was about to happen.

We burst into a room that was very big. It must have been the grand hall because there were pillars,columns and banners all over the place. There were a handful of people already standing in the hall.

"Has the king arrived yet? Peter asked one of the men.

"No yet." the man replied. He was tall and burly just like Gaston only this man's hair was not as long. He wore an outfit similar to Peter's except Peter's was mostly monochrome with only colors of gray,white,black or brown. Which didn't make sense to me since he was Peter Pan and the Peter Pan I know wears green. I guess I have ask him about that later. This man wore a a red cape gold trim which made me think he was someone important.

The walked in from a side hall and stopped in front of his throne. The room fell silent. It became so silent that you could hear his footsteps from a mile away. He didn't look like your typical king. He actually didn't look like much but he stood with a confidence that was unrivaled. Even I knew that he deserved to be king.

"Oh wonderful everyone made it. Now you are all probably wondering why I have you gathered you here. Well I want to discuss the events the took place this morning." he said as he walked down from his altar. "Well as you all know Gaston LeGune has been terrorizing our kingdom for quite some time. We the people of this kingdom refuse to be treated like this so, I as your king, sent, Lord Peter, one of my bravest men, out to capture this...this felon. Unfortunately, he was unable to arrest Gaston." He said said as he shot a condescending look at Peter. Peter's face flushed with embarrassment as he looked down avoiding eye contact with the king. "However, Peter did not return home empty-handed. He came back with something more important to us than even Gaston himself. Peter says that Gaston claimed to have been searching for something, more specially a person. Thus bringing us to this morning's graduation. For all of you that are not aware, we were visited by Maleficent and our very own queen. They claimed to have been looking for the same thing. They even went as far to say that this person is an outsider. " He said as he continued walk down from his altar.

"My lord, If I may ask a question?" one man asked. The king subtly nodded. "Do we know who this outsider might be?"

"That my friend is a wonderful question!" the king exclaimed as put a friendly hand on the man's shoulder. "As I said before Peter's mission was unsuccessful but he was not at a complete lost. He found the Outsider and brought him to us." He said walking to the front of the small crowd. "May I formally introduce Simon Wright." He said as he motioned for me to come join him at the front of the crowd. The air shifted and I could feel everyone become nervous. I was no stranger to people acting like this around me. Ever since I lost my parents people in town shunned me. " Knowing that our enemies are after Simon I want everyone here to protect him to the best of their ablity even if that means risking their own lives. I also want everyone in this room trying to find out why they want him. Do I make myself clear?" Reluctantly everyone agreed. "Good. Now everyone but Simon are dismissed."

After everyone else had left the king and I alone he told me to follow him.

"Simon,you are an Outsider so I can only presume that you have many questions." He said to me as he walked back up to the altar.

"Ye....Yes sir" He chuckled as I stammered.

"You are an Outsider my boy you may be as informal as you wish." He said with a big grin in his face. "Now ask your questions as you see fit."

I wasn't sure which of my many questions a should ask first. There were so many.

"OK, I guess a good place to start is Where am I?"

"Well Simon, you are in a place called Written. Written is the place where everything that has ever been imagined and written lives. Every person who lives off of this land has a story." he said as he held out his hand as if he were holding the weight of what he just told me.

"So who are you supposed to be King Authur?" I questioned. He king laughed as if it were the most amusing thing he has ever heard.

"I am flattered you would compare me to such a legend but I am no King Arthur,not in the least bit. The people here refer to me as King Written. "

"With all due respect sir, I have never heard of you before."

"I assumed as much. You see Simon,I am not a character you can find in any book because I too was once an Outsider."

"How is that possible?"

"Magic."

"You're kidding, right?"

"If you do not believe me then you should try to explain it."

I couldn't believe what I was hearing. This was real. The woods, the castle,the people were all real. Magic was real and this was a possible because of it. This realization peaked my interest.

"You said that you are an Outsider too, right?"

"Formerly. "

"Oh ok, well are there any more like us?"

"All through out Written's history there has been many Outsiders most of which have gone back and became successful authors. Among these authors are writers such as Edgar Allan Poe, Mark Twain and even William Shakespeare. However, they have never shared this world amongst themselves."

"So how can we be in Written at the same time?"

"I fear it may be more complex than that my boy."

"What do you mean?"

"There are actually three Outsiders currently in Written."

"Three?"

"Yes, my wife Queen Heather...." His voice trailed off. I could tell this was a sensitive topic.

"If you don't mind me asking. Why is she...."

"There was a misunderstanding between her and I and she sought to a solution her own way. "

I didn't want to ask anything else about his wife because he looked devastated and guilty. I didn't want to bring this man, the king of Written to tears. I needed to change to subject.

"You said you two were Outsiders. Can you tell me how you got here."

"We used a book of course."

"A thick book with a leather cover?"

"Yes. I assume you have one of your own?"

"Yes."

"May I see it?"

"Ummm...yeah, I don't have it with me."

"Then where is it?" He asked. I didn't answer. " You left it." His excitement immediately left his face.

Just then one of his guards burst through the doors exhausted and out of breath.

" Sire, there is something you must see!"

Dear Reader,

Please vote comment and share if you like this

MM

P.S. If there are any characters that you would like to see in future chapters feel free to suggest them via comment section or private message. Keep in mind that the majority of this story will take place in Written and most of the characters are those form fairytales, fables, legends and other stories like those. Thanks.