Chapter 4

Fearing the end of my life was near, I did exactly what he told me. Without removing the blade from my neck he fished a pair of vintage handcuffs from a satchel he was carrying.

"In the name of the king I am placing you under arrest." he said throwing throwing the cuffs at me. "Put them on."

"What!" I yelled in total shock. I tried to get up but he pressed his knife deeper into my neck.

"Put them on."

I wasn't sure how to work the handcuffs so I had to study them before attempting to put the around my wrists.

"Have you never seen a pair of cuffs before?" he asked me. It was obvious he getting impatient.

"I have seen handcuffs before just not like these."

I had failed at putting the cuffs a few times before he became annoyed and put the on me himself. Fully aware of what would happen, he kicked me off the tree. I landed on my shoulder causing me to let out a yell of pain. He probably thought I would land on my feet.

"You're pretty clumsy and dim-witted for a felon." he said jumping down from the tree and safely on his feet.

"Felon?''

"Yes....Felon." he said aggressively grabbing me and 'helping me to my feet'. He pushed me forward. "Walk."

"Why am I a felon? What did I do?" I asked desperately trying to understand what was going on.

He went into to his satchel again and pulled out a folded piece of paper, unfolded it and started reading it.

"Gaston LeGune, you my friend have accumulated quite a few charges. You have been charged with aggravated assault, burglary, disturbing the peace, public intoxication, kidnapping, rape and murder."

"What! TI dont dont know who that is! My name Is Simon Wright!"

"Right."

"Yes, Simon Wright."

"Right."

"Simon Wright."

"No, that is not what I meant. I meant 'right' as in I do not believe you at all."

"What! I swear its the truth. I don't even know who this Gaston La Googoo guy is."

"I will tell the magistrate to add identity theft to the list because you look an awful lot like the man on this poster."

It was then when I remembered that a 'magistrate' was pretty much the same thing as a judge. We were going to court.

"Wait, Were going to court then, right?"

"No, Just you. I am just taking you there after that I'm going to the tavern."

I could not believe what this guy was telling me. I was a wanted man in a place I have never been. I wasn't actually sure if I was even awake especially after everything that has happened tonight.

"So what what are you a bounty hunter?"

"No, I am The King's best solider."

I was starting you get annoyed by this guy's arrogance. "Oh yeah? what makes you so special?" I asked with a tint of attitude.

He must have sensed my opposition because he pushed me against a tree and pulled his knife out again. Though this time he pressed it against my bare chest.

"If you must know, I have never failed a mission. I have always gotten results and I always....get the job done." he said as he moved his hand in a swift motion away from my body. The blade cut me, leave a noticeable gash,but not deep enough to where it did any real damage. Though the cut was small it really hurt. I winced in pain and let out a small yelp but immediately regretted it because he put his free hand over my mouth and signaled for me to be quite. I didn't understand at first but after a moment or two I heard it. We were not alone. A horrible laugh echoed through the dead air.