One year later (29)

One year later….

A sudden persistent knock on my door woke me from my sleep. I opened my eyes immediately and sat upright in bed. I looked at my nightstand where my phone was and took it out of routine. I saw the time, it was only eleven in the morning. My mind told me to go back to bed and ignore the knocks on my door. 

I have learned to listen to my gut and it was telling me to get comfy and enjoy the rest of the day alone. I wasn't feeling cheerful, not today, not in seven long months.

I felt my head thump with each knock giving me a sudden headache.  I was still affected by last night. More because of the drinks we had.

Last night was the premier of my last movie “The Intern", based on a best seller series.  We filmed the movie in less than six months and it already had fans all over the world. We went to the after party and things got out of control, not in the bad sense. I only had to leave early because Joe almost called his security. 

Marley and Miranda went with me and as always when we get together things never end well. They started to argue with my co worker Joe because he rejected an offer to being the male character in Dear Mr. Billionaire, another great story that a lot of actors were looking forward to be in.

I believe they were trying to find something to laugh at, later on in their lives. Maybe it helped Marley. She has been sad lately, but she doesn't want to talk about it. Her life has changed a lot the past year. I know there are things that are still eating her alive from her last relationship. I tried to reach to her by calling and inviting her over but she didn't open up. I let her be.

Miranda was getting better after the surgery, she tried chemotherapy and for now things were under control.

I looked at my phone again and with a disappointed sigh I saw my notifications. Twitter and Instagram had a lot. Only two of them really matter and neither of them had contacted me.

I haven't heard from Joshua since that night in Colorado. My heart ached every time I think about him and I pray to God he was doing fine.

There was another knock on the door but this time was more persistent.  It took me out of my train of thoughts and annoyed me enough to want to answer the door. I rolled on the bed like a little pig would in the mud and tried to fix my morning hair. It was long now and it felt more like me. My legs didn't respond fast due to my tiring night, also, it was now that I was feeling the intensity of this last year. I felt physically and emotionally tired.

The knock was there once again, making me lose my patience. 

“ Can you calm down? I'm up!” I yelled, putting a white shirt Blake left here months ago. It was long enough to cover my entire body. If only he saw me these days, he would have made me eat until I gained some weight.

I felt my heart break at the memories from eight months ago when he came over and cooked everyday just to make me eat well. I never stopped eating, but with too many things going on, I tend to forget to eat properly.

“ Can you get out faster? I have something to tell you. Something we've been waiting for." Will yelled from the other side, provoking me into making an annoyed face. His voice was messing with my head.

“Too much noise! It's too early!” I said, as soon as I opened the door and he walked in.

His eyes were fixed on me with a self satisfied smirk on his handsome face. He wasn't wearing a suit and the casual outfit looked better on him. His new girlfriend was making him a better and happy man.

He didn't say anything and just looked at me from head to toes. Before I could ask what was going on he hush me while pointing at his phone. Bethany followed him with a cup of coffee in her hand.