They can and they will be (16)

Bettany was waiting for me in the changing room. Everyone on set were rushing through the amount of things they had to do to before I got to sit with Jolly. They were doing their best to insert the interview in at last minute notice to air it tonight. 

“Liv, you look gorgeous my girl! Except for that uneven tan you got! If you go back I'll have to give you tips to get a better one!” Bettany, my Stylist, said as soon as she hugged me. She placed her hands on my shoulders and then looked at me with a smile.

“ I knew you would hate the tan but I have been working on the farm! I'm still considering if I should go back" I said as my body fell on a chair and I took a good look at myself.

“ I will do your hair real fast, Liv. You have been taking care of it! And then a light makeup to add”  she said explaining what I had to expect from her efforts today. “We have to go for a nostalgic- hurt look"

“ Bettany, thank you for coming in such a short notice. I know I gave you an undefined vacation time" I started to apologize because she hasn't got a vacation since my mom left three years ago.

“ Liv, hun...I'm here for you besides you will have to give me extra days.  I met this guy...we are going to get married!” her excitement made me smile while I looked at her reflection in the mirror working fast on my hair.

“ I'm so happy for you! I wish you'd let me stand up and hug you but I know that's not going to happen" we laughed, she has always been way too bossy. She starts working and she won't stop, not even if I had to pee.

“ You can hug me after this interview, love. Are you nervous?” she asked with concern.

“ A little bit...but I'll be fine!” I smiled brightly and then I asked her about her soon to be husband.

After thirty minutes of talking non stop about her wedding and how they met, she finished with my hair and makeup.  I looked at myself in the mirror. Indeed I reflected the meaning of ‘natural’.  The fact that I didn't put too much makeup will send the viewers the idea that I was having a hard time.

My tanned skin was now covered with only a hint of blush in my cheeks, light eye makeup  but still soft and smoky with a medium eyeliner and pronounced arched eyebrows. My hair was tied up in a messy, side bun with a few strands of hair flying free around my face.

Bettany gave my eyes the look they needed; Determination.

“ This is your outfit”  Bettany said with a grin while showing a small, white pearl dress that stopped at the knees with short sleeves. It was elegant and sophisticated.

“ I don't like it one bit Bettany”  it didn't look like something I would wear for an interview.

“ Protocol says it will give you a good impression. They say 85% of the times the public opinion goes high in the charts when empowered women use a dress like this one" she talked in a ‘know it all’ tone while putting the dress away.

“I know...but I want and need to feel like myself this time”  I begged with a soft voice. I
Watched her look for another hanger with a different outfit. 

“ I knew this would happen and I brought a plan B! I got your back, hun" she handed it to me.

“ You're amazing Bettany!” I said happily. I had a pair of black skinny jeans, a pink short blazer jacket and a carven wrap blouse . I looked at her hand in which she held a pair of pink pointed toe high heels.

“ I just ask you to keep my job after protocol since we didn't use their outfit”  she laughed as she helped me get ready.

I was ready to start the interview when we heard a gentle knock on my door. We looked at each other before Bettany made her way over to the door and opened it. A short brunette walked in with a pair of long elegant pants and a henley shirt. She smiled broadly when she saw me.