Surprises (19)

I snapped my head in Jackson's direction. I walked with determination towards him still shocked and confused as before. I knew there was something about him. He looked at me and with a simple wink of his eyes he avoided my eyes.  I was still affected by my outrage and with these new information I felt my body full of senseless bravery.

“Call him! Now!” I demanded looking at him. He was intimidating enough to keep me quiet but not this time. I didn't have any common sense at the moment.

“ What are you talking about?” he said surprised at my request, but playing innocent.

“ You know! Your boss! Call him!” I demanded again but more persistently.  I might look like a crazy chick but he knew I wasn't.

“ I don't understand,  Ms. Davis" he replied again with a serious respectful tone. Still in his position against the wall. He then gave Will a look as if I was going crazy and then his eyes met mine.

“ Call Joshua!” I saw his eyes flicker with recognition when I said Joshua's name. I raised an eyebrow with my lips in a thin line.

He looked both ways while he ponder if he should give in or not. I didn't back down and held his gaze until his eyes met mine again. He took his phone out as I watched him. Will was lost in what was going on, but still came close to me.

Jackson put his phone to his ear but I made a gesture to hand it over. He obviously doubted it but still placed it in my small hands. I waited until his familiar voice came on the phone. 

“ Agent Hotman here" he said with a professional serious voice I haven't heard before. 

“ Agent what? Hotman, really?  That's your undercover name?” I asked incredulously without wasting a second to throw him the bomb that I knew his secret.

“ Shit!”

“Fuck!”

The swear words started coming, one after the other.

“ How the heck did you find out? “ he asked, freaking out.

“ I'm not going to talk about it now. Jackson will explain and I just need you to make my files visible to me" I asked,  feeling betrayed for a moment.

“Liv, I'm sorry”  he said with so much regret.
“I'll see you when I get back" the feeling I had helped me to end the call ignoring his soft voice.

“ Tell the officer to look for them in five minutes" I told Will as I gave Jackson the phone back. He smiled at me.

“The boss must have fallen hard this time" he said with a short laugh.

“ what?” I asked stopping right in the door to go back to the meeting room.

“ Nothing" he whispered taking his position against the wall. 

I didn't look back. I had to talk to all of them in order to deal with this man. Ryan was talking to his lawyer when I finally got in. His eyes were fully on me before they went back to the agreement over the table in front of him. 

“ We're not settling on this agreement”  his lawyer said with a harsh overall tone.

“Do you understand this decision is going to cost Ryan at least three years in jail? My client, Liv, demanded with a no bail clause, if you lose you will have to spend those years in jail.” my lawyer explained further as I tried to process that Joshua had another side of him, unknown to me. At the same time I started to feel the need to get away from trouble. If not getting involved in the dangerous side of his life allowed me more freedom I'll keep all these questions inside me.