Chapter 8 (Warning: Domestic Abuse..kinda)

HIIII!!! ANOTHER CHAPTER!!!

It'll be us and only us~

Alexander's POV
Eliza spent the night at my place again, but uhh.. I think this time we were a little too loud. In the morning all the boys said they could barely sleep because of how loud we were! I couldn't tell if they were joking or not, because in all honesty, we were pretty loud.. Eliza was just so cute this morning when I nudged her awake.
"Liza," I cooed, "it's time to wake up.. we have school."
"Not yet Daddy.." Liza murmured, still basically asleep, "tell Peggy to do it."
I then realized she was talking about her father.. not me as daddy.. hahaha!
After getting up I pulled the blanket off and she sprang up, kissed me quick, took her clothes and ran home to change. I admired her even as she was running. My Liza. My darling. My darling. My life. Maybe my future bride. (EDGAR ALLEN POE REFERENCE!!!)

No One's POV
Elizabeth was walking to her philosophy class on Tuesday morning. She spaced herself out from everyone in the way there. The cool morning air was crisp on her face, but she was wearing Alexander's scarf. Her Alexander's scarf. He was all she could think about now. And the fact she was in love was pretty apparent. Even strangers walking by could notice it. Liza had even written a lil song about it. College was turning out pretty well. But it wasn't all peaches and cream for her. People judged her. They made her feel small. But she tried not to embrace those feelings of dread and nonconformity. As she continued walking, she noticed a familiar face. A woman dressed in red. The same girl who was.. torturing her. The same girl who spit on her shoes and called her ugly and whispered hurtful things into her ear all day. Eliza looked dead now. She felt like pouncing when the woman approached her.
"Um hi.." the woman said, "I'm sorry for my actions yesterday.. I really was being a bitch.." Eliza said nothing.
Mariah looked down, "look I get it.. I insulted you and you really hate me.. but I just.. I need someone!"
"You need someone and you're asking me?!!" Eliza practically screamed, but then calmed down, "I-I'm sorry for shouting.." Eliza accepted her apology because she started to break down in tears. When Eliza asked why she was crying, Maria pulled her scarf down.. and revealed bruises on her neck. "Oh my god.." was all Eliza could manage, "what happened?"
"I-It was James.." she whispered while holding back tears.. "it was my fault really.."
"Maria you have to leave." Eliza said sternly, "He isn't right for you."
"But he says he loves me!" Maria pleaded.
"If he loved you he wouldn't hit you!" Eliza retorted, she gave Maria a comforting hug. "Just consider it.. and maybe stay with me tonight. My sister's out of town and you can sleep in her room." Maria agreed and they both went separate ways, Eliza suggested that Maria should find someone new. She considered that too.
————————————————————
Later..
Alexander invited Eliza over for a movie and they chatted about their day.
"Jefferson's a little bitch I'm telling you." He complained. Eliza giggled. She loved hearing Alex's ranting. She was braiding his hair now as she continued to talk. She didn't tell him about Maria Lewis whom she had met earlier that day. And as she was braiding his hair, she accidentally pulled a little harder.
"OUCCCCHHH!!" Alex whined, "Lizzy that hurts!"
"Aww hun I'm sorry." She replies as she started berating him with kisses again, "but it's okay now.. because.. we're done!" She cheerfully held out a mirror to show Alexander the new lil braids she made. She even put a rose in one of them. "So.." Eliza began eyes wide, "what do you think?" Alexander replied without words and instead tackled her and hugged her tightly. She couldn't help but laughing as he did so. Then suddenly, John Laurens walked into the living room to get something. He glanced over at Alex on top of Eliza..
"Uhh heyy.. Guys.." he said awkwardly, "umm how's it going?" Alexander got off Eliza and they both sat up straight. "Fine." They both said simultaneously while avoiding eye contact and blushing. "Well.. umm sorry if I interrupted anything." He said holding back laughter. But then when he saw Alexander's braided hair, he lost it.
"ELIZAA!" DID YOU.." he said in between laughs, "BRAID HIS HAIR?"
Eliza smiled and nodded. Alexander blushed and motioned for John to leave the room. Which he did while still laughing. Eliza and Alex had dinner before Eliza left and when she got back, Maria was sleeping in Angelica's room. Which Eliza was glad to see.
————————————————————
DONE AGAIN!! I DIDNT MEAN TO MAKE THE CHAPTER ALL ABOUT MARIA BUT IT ADDS DEPTH TO THE PLOT TWIST THATS GOING TO COME LATER