Chapter Nineteen

So, so, soooo sorry for how long it takes me to update! I think you guys will really like this chapter, though.

RECAP-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Alexa

I watched with morbid interest as his canines elongated. Then, he bit down on the space between my neck and shoulder. I felt a sting almost like you would with a shot, but then my skin tingled and eventually numbed.

He pulled away from me, examining his work for a moment before he leaned back down and began licking the wound. It started itching and then it felt normal again.

Logan leaned away from me, this time looking into my eyes instead of at my neck. "We'll have more to discuss about this later, but for now, you need to rest." He pushed me back into the overstuffed cushions of the couch.

Realizing that I was extremely tired, I closed my eyes and allowed sleep to overtake me.

END RECAP------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Logan

My wolf was howling with happiness inside of me. He'd waited too long to mark her. It was beginning to make him restless and irritable.

I knew now that we had finally marked her, he wouldn't be so anxious and worried all of the time. He also wouldn't be so overprotective of Alexa, which I knew would be a relief for her. Luckily, she hadn't seen too much of his protective side. I'd just barely managed to keep him under control. Normally I would've let him be himself, but with her I couldn't risk it. I couldn't risk anything when it came to my mate.

I didn't want to scare her, that would just work against me. I needed her to trust me with her life, especially when it came time to complete the mating process.

I glanced down at Alexa, she was still sound asleep. God, she was beautiful. How did I get so lucky as to have her as my mate? Surely I wasn't worthy of someone as wonderful as her.

Alexa turned over onto her right side, snuggling up to me. I was shocked she hadn't had any bad dreams yet, but I figured it was because of how obviously exhausted she was from my marking her. I didn't feel bad, though. She needed the sleep, especially with that nasty gash.

My wolf growled at the thought of it. We would return the favor, no doubt about it. That rogue would be lucky to walk away from me alive if I ever got my hands on him.

Alpha, Crescent Moon wolves have crossed into our territory. They're heading full speed towards you, coming from the west, Drake mind-linked me.

Well, fuck.

I silently climbed out of bed, praying that I wouldn't wake Alexa.

I mind-linked a few of my best fighters to watch her while I was away. They showed up within seconds, which I couldn't thank them enough for. Sending Alexa one last guilty glance before I turned my back on her, I finally left the room.

Just as I reached the front door I mind-linked every fighter in my pack, secure the pack house your Luna is in danger. Then, I swung the door open and stepped outside.

It only took my fighters about five minutes to show up, most of which had shifted into their wolves. I assumed it was because a lot of them lived on the outskirts of my territory and they'd wanted to get here as soon as possible.