Chapter Seven

Okay, here's an update for you guys. Just wanted to say THANK YOU! I got to 1,000 reads this week and couldn't be happier! (: Thanks for all of your supportive comments and all of the votes! Unfortunately, there's a lot of trouble with my family right now, so I don't know how often I'll get to post.

(Edited)

His last comment confused me. It made me want to cower away from him, and yell at him at the same time. So, I stared him down, unwavering. He stared back without a second thought. Eventually, I gave in and bowed my head in respect.

"Get some rest," Logan demanded before turning around and briskly waking out. "I was just asleep, moron!" I yelled back at him as he closed the door. Then, I leaned back into the pillows in amazement. This was the most I'd ever spoken to someone other than Mama Parker, definitely the most I'd ever threatened someone.

Momentarily, I wondered if Logan would return with some sick way to torture me for being so disrespectful. But, for some reason I couldn't believe that he would ever do that to me. That alone scared me more than anything my father had ever done to me.

Logan

Immediately, I could tell that I'd completely confused Drake when I walked out of my bedroom with a smile on my face. He gave me a strange look, "What, did you get laid?" I grinned at him and chuckled lightly. "No, she's not timid anymore. Well, not as timid as she was before at least." He frowned in thought. "Timid?"

I hesitated, not sure if I should explain or not. She probably didn't want people to know, what she was like when I met her, but Drake deserved to know. "I told you, she was hurt. She couldn't stand to be alone with me . . . She avoided touch if at all possible, and refused to look me in the eye," I told him quietly. His eyes widened in empathy. "I'm sorry, Logan. If you need help, you know you can always call for me. Whoever hurt her, we can go after him." I watched his grey eyes twinkle at the thought of getting revenge for his Luna. Pride swelled in me. Despite my evasive answers, and reluctance to fill him in on why his Luna was so broken, he still showed unwavering loyalty to her like a good Beta would.

"Thank you, Drake," I told him, meaning it wholeheartedly. He grinned at me, jokingly punching me in the arm, "Anytime. I'll always be here for you and your mate, no matter what."

Suddenly, the ear-piercing sound of glass shattering echoed in my sensitive ears. My eyes widened in fear and shock at the same time Drake's did and we both ran into my bedroom.

Shards of broken glass covered the gray carpet. Immediately I could feel the cool breeze coming from the broken window, which was just to the right of my bed, above my nightstand.

Fear surged through me. My eyes instantly locked onto my bed.

Empty.

Son of a bitch.

"Find her!" I roared, causing Drake to flinch back before quickly leaving the room.

This couldn't be happening. No, I wouldn't let it happen. I'd get her back.
But, what if she left because she wanted to?
A fierce growl ripped out of my throat at my wolf's question. Then, I drag her back here and keep her until she falls in love with me, I replied stubbornly.
I could see my wolf rolling his eyes, Because someone with her background is going to fall in love with you while she's being held captive, he sarcastically replied.
Fine, I'll figure something out, I told him mentally.
Yeah, after you find her. She wouldn't leave like that, especially not through the window. She would've tried the front door first. I didn't respond.

I knew he was right, but I didn't want to accept that she might actually be in danger. I'd search for her, of course, keep an open mind, but I didn't want to think of anyone ever hurting her again.