chapter two.

She was sitting at her desk, staring at the computer screen boredly. Spending the past three hours trying to keep busy has failed. No matter what she did she was absolutely anxious and bored. Perrie got up from the desk and let out a sigh, as she rubbed her temple. "Okay, I'm not gonna wait around all day." She told herself and slipped into her jacket.

        The blonde pulled open her bedroom door, and walked down the hall. "I'm going out, Johnnie!" She yelled as she swung open the front door to see Zayn there about to knock. Squeezing through the front door. She took a small step forward but every fiber in her body screamed to run. The fear was always there, wading in her bones. Swarming her thoughts.

        Her body was tense and she knew Zayn could tell. Just by the way he was staring at her, his eyes darkening out. The monster within him begged to come out and play. He was the cat and Perrie was the mouse. And she knew she'd never win. And eventually, cat's always kill the mice. So was that her fate? Death?

        The thought itself made a cold chill rake down her spine. Trying to pull herself together and push the fear aside, Perrie straightened up her spine and stood tall before Zayn, oceanic irises locked on his face. "Hey Zayn.." she spoke slowly, building up her confidence once more. The same process Perrie went through everytime the handsome devil was near.

        Zayn's eyes slowly moved down her body until he reached her toes and back up to her blue eyes that were able to take his breath away. A slow little smug smirk was now placed on the curvature of his lips as he spoke now. "Hello Perrie, I missed you." he purrs in a soft tone, one that could have been soft as velvet. His hands pressed onto her petite hips now as he would pull her roughly against his taller frame, pressing her into him so there was very little space between the pair.

        With a small squeak leaving the girls lips she tilted her head back enough to look up into his cold eyes, surprise clear on her features. It was a genuine shock to her every time those words left Zayn's lips. She could not imagine him ever missing her? She was just human, nothing special. Nothing relevant to him. And yet every day he appears at her door with the oddest look glittering in those brown eyes that held so much from her.

        Perrie lifted her arms to drape loosely around his shoulders, her finger tips lightly running through his raven strands of hair. She watched as Zayn's eyes fluttered closed and he leaned into her touch. Perrie felt a sheepish smile curl on her lips and continued to run her fingers through the locks, gently scraping the scalp once in awhile. "I missed you too." the blonde whispered softly as she pulled his head closer and then pulled herself up onto her tiptoes, pressing a gentle kiss to his cheek.

        Zayn gently pulled back everso lightly and brushed his nose against hers, his cold eyes boring into hers. But there was a shift in them. The dead stare seemed to have a new fire in them, one that made the once dull brown pop with a rich color of brown. Perrie's lips parted as she stared into his captivating eyes. "Y'know, you have really pretty eyes -- when they aren't full of hate and coldness." she murmurs.

        Then Zayn's chest started to vibrate with loud laughter, a smile tugging on his lips enough to where his perfect, pearl-white teeth gleamed in the sunshine. "Is that so, Perrie?" the raven asks of her, the smile even touched his brown eyes.

        The girl just simply nodded at him with her own smile playing over her lips as she looked at him. There were days like this when he was playful and happy. When there was not a care in the world between them. When they acted like a normal pair of flirting teenagers with inbalanced horomones.

        Zayn lifted his hand and pressed his palm against her neck, pulling Perrie closer as their lips met shyly, nervously. Like it was their first kiss. The blonde just placed a hand around his torso and continued the shy kiss but Zayn pulled his lips back teasingly thus making the girl lean closer in an atempt to capture his lips and eventually she succeeded.