prologue

She could feel someone’s gaze burning into her back, even in a crowded bar like this one. She knew he was watching her, weighing her out. Calculating her each move before she even considered making the move. He knew her like the back of his hand, he knew her better than she could ever know herself. And maybe this fact scared her. And he knew that too. Oh boy, did he know that. And he used it against her as often as he could, trapping her in his world.

                                                                                        ***

        Waking up with your hair matted against your forehead because of sticky sweat was not how she planned the morning. Yet it always seemed to happen. Every night was the same. She went to bed with anxiety bubbling in her chest, her stomach in a twist of knots. Sometimes it even made her sick but she would never admit it. Being afraid was a weakness Perrie just couldn’t afford to show. Not with Zayn around anyway.

        Slowly bringing herself to a sitting position, Perrie pushed her sweat drenched locks off her forehead. Glancing around her room a couple of times before determining he had not came after her last night. That was a good sign ... right?

        Placing her feet firmly on the carpeted floor, she got out of bed and went straight for the shower. The world’s greatest invention in her eyes. It seemed to be the only thing that could relax and calm Perrie completely down, or at least enough to where she could face her family and friends for another day. But not even seven showers could help her face Zayn.

        “You look like a deer caught in headlights.” A deep, soft voice spoke up from behind Perrie which she quickly turned around to meet the red eyed male. He was hungry.

        “Umm -- a nightmare.” She simply stated, as if shrugging off the fear with those words. But he saw the fear. 

        “Right,” Zayn said in the same soft tone as he took a step out of the corner, no longer wading in the shadows of the dimly lit bathroom. “did you have a nice time at that graduation?”

        Of course he had been watching her. When wasn’t he? “Yeah, everyone looked nice.” Perrie said with a shrug of her shoulders. Zayn took another small step towards her, one of his arms hooking around her petite waist as he pulled her closer to him.

        Zayn leaned down, lips brushing along her neck. Even this simple act set chills up and down her spine, what she couldn’t determine is if they were the good kind or not. Every time he touched her a small fire seemed to bloom beneath the skin and spread through her entirety until she was alit, burning with his searing touch. And Perrie loved every second.

        Zayn was also scary. Very scary. And she didn’t know how she could fear one person and yet like every affliction that he seemed to do to her. Is this what love is? This couldn’t be love. To admit she loved him was so far fetched. To admit she was infatuated with him? Not so far out there. A lot of people was infatuated with the dark creature known as Zayn Malik. He just grabbed your attention and was a force that wasn’t to be reckoned with.

        Perrie whimpered beneath each kiss pressed along her ivory skin; practically squirming. It didn’t make sense for her to fear him, and yet feel this way when he touched or kiss her. Or when he feed from her. She liked it more than she’d ever admit. And Zayn knew that.

        Her breath was starting to come out in shallow, uneven pants as Zayn's hand trailed down her sides. His larger hands gripped at her hips, tugging at the fabric of her camisole until it came up and over Perrie’s head. The useless piece of clothing was tossed to the floor as Zayn’s lips found the spot right beneath her ear, pressing a kiss there.

        Perrie was melting into his arms. Almost literally. The blonde pushed her hips into Zayn’s. He gripped the back of her thighs and lifted her and pressed her into the nearest wall. The pair quickly striped themselves down to nothing.

        Zayn nuzzled his face into the crook of her neck as his lips parted against her pale skin, canines sinking into the flesh. She parted her lips and let out a whimper, her hands lifting up to entangle into his hair and gave the strands a harsh tug.